• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Different Embed Codes on Image Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that your server is not working properly. When you upload something you often get this message:
Code:
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away
Which means that the MySQL server is goes offline randomly when performing an upload. Problem is that you can't tell when or where the MySQL server gets offline, but it has to be after Chevereto reserves the id because that explain the huge list of reserved ids in the chv_id_reservations table.

What you need to do is to setup properly your server and always check your error_log file. This is the first time ever that I saw and issue like this and I'm not planning to review it further because for me is clear that the problem is an incorrect configuration of the MySQL server which is killing the processes prematurely or maybe is just a bad server with poor memory or CPU and it just shutdown everything.

You should ask a professional to setup the server for you because I believe that is not the first time you have server issues. I could help you, but my knowledge in servers isn't great, I just know the basic stuff and I don't tweak things if I don't know what I'm doing.

By the way, when you run your own server you should always look for the error_logs when weird things are going on.

Hope it helps,
Cheers.

MySQL is always there and never online.

I use a dedicated MySQL server on the same internal network.

Just FYI, it uses the same server with www.indoforum.top (which is larger active community running on XenForo software) without any issue and it has notable uptime.

If you don't care, then who? Since I don't know the software. But I'm a System Engineer , any requirements on the server side I can do.

I checked the ping between server is really fine. You can ping it yourself it doesn't have any issues interconnection between webserver and MySQL server.

Even that XenForo site don't have any issue at all.

If that MySQL server is truly gone. www.indoforum.top will not function at all since it's a XenForo and relies on database, you know it.

Try to kill your MySQLd and see what will happen with this Chevereto.com/community

Chevereto (the software) itself also uses MySQL, if the MySQL is died then it will not function as well.

Andy, I'm not making this up. That is the error log that I got. Note that "gone away" not necesarly means offline, it means that MySQL closed the connection. You can check the explanation right here: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/gone-away.html

Please understand that Chevereto support doesn't cover server issues, just because I'm not an expert in servers so I prefer to leverage that in the people who know more about it.

That said, you could argument that is a script issue but in a universe more than 5,000 installations yours is the only one causing issues so it is a server issue.

Since you said mysql has gone away, I think I figured the issue.

This is what I did:

Code:
MariaDB [(none)]> set @@global.wait_timeout=60;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)

MariaDB [(none)]> set @@global.connect_timeout=30;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

The issue is now seems gone, what's your recommended connect_timeout and wait_timeout value?

And how can I re-sync the unsynced image page and image file?

Is there any SQL command to fix them?

How do I identify those unsynced file names? There are hundreds of unsynced items by now.

Sadly you will nee to code your own tool to fix those. To convert a numeric ID you can use CHV\encodeID() and to decode an ID you can use CHV\decodeID().

What is that? And how to make that?
Is a script that could process your images and fix them for you. You will need to make it on your own or ask a developer to do it. As you may guess, this is outside the scope of my support.

Is a script that could process your images and fix them for you. You will need to make it on your own or ask a developer to do it. As you may guess, this is outside the scope of my support.
Can I ask you to make this script? I'll pay additional cost if needed.

This is beyond my level since I'm not a software developer.

Sure, send me an email and I will send you a quote. I don't think it will take me that long.

What eMail?

You already have my server information right?
I just need the script to fix this issue.

Btw could you add something like prevention in the future build of Chevereto?

So if Chevereto unable to connect to the MySQL server, it will return an error instead of uploading images with image page and image filename unsynced. That's awful though.

You already have my server information right?
Yeah I was about to code it earlier today but the SSH access didn't worked. So well, I can't work with it.

Btw could you add something like prevention in the future build of Chevereto?
Impossible, is like ask a game developer to prevent a game crash because of RAM or CPU failure. It won't happen, a "mysql gone away" is a fatal error.

So if Chevereto unable to connect to the MySQL server, it will return an error instead of uploading images with image page and image filename unsynced. That's awful though.
It was your server which terminated the connection. You have to understand that is a fatal error and errors like that will always cause something awful in any system. Is like a HDD crash, Chevereto can't prevent that either.

I recommend you to leave the files un-synced or edit them manually. Sadly I don't have spare to work in that until the end of this month, I've to work in v3.7.0 which is extremely delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back