• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Defin user role - registration by invitation only

mahifa

Chevereto Noob
hi, before i buy a license, i want to know 2 things;

1- i want to have registration by invitation only site that just people that have invitation link can register on my site. does chevereto has this option or ability to add this option?
2- is it possible to define different user role (something like in wordpress)? i want to have two types of users; one who can upload photos and another one who can't upload photos but can only like and comment photos, so is it possible to restrict some users ability?

thanks for any helps.

Hi Mahifa,

1. Chevereto doesn't have an invite only option, however, you can manually add user accounts. So if you disable signups and you manually create the accounts you could achieve something close to what you need.

2. At this time Chevereto roles are: Admin, User and Guest and you can't add additional roles. At the present time you can enable/disable signups, image upload, etc. for the present roles but the functionalities that you mention doesn't have an on/0ff switch at the present time.

At Chevereto I'm adding new features all the time. Feel free to suggest changes here: https://chevereto.com/community/forums/requests-ideas-and-suggestions.1/

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

thank you Rodolfo for your answers. i saw your support page. you have section entitled "custom coding". is it possible i order these two options (invite only registration and user roles) there?

User roles will be added in the future and invite only could be also added. My policy is to not do custom work for features that will get eventually added.

Back