• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Database Table problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale2015

Chevereto Member
a few months ago i contacted coder as sites wasnt running well , he had good look through hosts found database table was way bigger than it should be so was causing slow response times for my hosts

he trimmed it and was fine but said was only temp fix ,now its back again

coder said some code was missing
  1. You probably need some MySQL index for chv_stats table.
  2. In both DBs..
  3. This code: /var/www/vhosts/imgextra.uk/xxximagetpb.org/app/lib/classes/class.stat.php
  4. Line 103 for both sites.
have anyone had this problem before or know perm fix for it

Try this

Code:
ALTER TABLE `chv_stats` ADD INDEX `stat_type` (`stat_type`)

By the way, next time you had issues feel free to ask here. You don't need to ask a third party.

No, you can't assume this kind of stuff just because of that.

A slow website is usually a sign of low server resources which is mostly because you have too many requests and the server can't handle it. That could be caused by too much activity either in PHP or serving static resources, it could be also due to poor hardware or a bad server setup. It could be even a denial of service.

In order to debug those you can run top or htop commands and examine the output. You should also debug the slow queries and whatnot, actually sometimes is a long and slow process to determine where the problem is.

At Chevereto I always tweak the system based in the user feedback, if your website is serving million of images and it has a ton of request I can take a look. If your website is small then the issue is somewhere else, no optimization at script side will help you in that case.

Last edited:
I'm debugging your server, this is what I found.

Website loads normal (isn't fast but isn't slow), resource usage looks normal and the thing that is using most resources is MySQL.

You aren't not hosting a big number of images and you are running a old version (3.8.6) in one of those websites so you are missing several improvements which includes security patches.

You didn't added the index that you requested, I've added since I was playing around the databases. Maybe it will improve things a little bit.

Your websites don't load dead slow so for me this is just server optimization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back