• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Database Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhil

Chevereto Member
When I open my site imgtash.com it displays the following error, please help fix this

The system has encountered a error when it try to connect to the database server.
  • PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

It explains itself, the socketis not well configured in your hosting. Ask your hosting company.

This... Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

It says "hey, I can't connect using that socket". Is pretty self explanatory.

Okay.....I think I was able to fix that problem, and now it's saying "You haven't changed the default __CHV_CRYPT_SALT__. Please set this value inincludes/definitions.php"

What should be the new value here?

Wow.....site is working now.

I need help with the site's template, how do I change the chevereto logo to my own?

Edit the CSS/HTML, try replacing the image in the theme image folder ;)

I made a few changes and they do seem to reflect on the site. Thanks for all the help. Appreciate it.

Btw, can you please keep this thread open for a couple more days, just in case I have any issues.

While we are on the subject, is it possible to upload/host images to Amazon S3, as that will reduce the load on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back