• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

css help available if needed

mrchris

Chevereto Member
hey guys,

sorta new here so i better offer something rather than just being a consumer.

anyways, i do css / less for a job if anyone needs some pointers.

im thinking of releasing some themes when v3 comes out but will also do some UI mods that will be framework friendly..

anyway, glad to be here

Nice to know that you want to help in CSS. You are most welcome.

its simply to compliment to your hard work.

im just finishing of a LESS version :)

what a weird and wonderful way of writing styles, now their talking OOP CSS.....wtf?

Thing is that CSS has several pitfals, most annoying is repeat things so people which come from programing languages see that pretty stupid. I didn't find the need of lees or any other css framework. I'm pretty confident in the way it is and I hope that a new standard of CSS will include all those goodies.

its simply a new toy and your 1000% correct in the stupidity of css but a good css guy can avoid repeating the same code easy enough.

at first i really hated less as i can see its pitfalls but for using simply as a base its really quite nice.

personally i wouldnt use it for major industrial overhauls right now as i do prefer good ol css.........ask again in 6 months LOL's

less is simply the bastard child of a bunch of half drunk ruby devs that decided they are bored.

the best thing is that it generates cross browser stuff from a small line of code.

chevereto is going to be a part of a small series of less tutorials that are coming on lesstutorials.com :)

im thinking it would be a nice compliment for v3 when your ready

this also gives me time to finish the supporting sites.....like my compiler etc

also to fully get my head around what looks like a competition killer.

v3 looks like pretty damn nice so the best thing for me is to be patient and wait for the correct time so it works for both of us

V3 is still in design status and it will take a lot before actually seeing it. No dates so far.

Back