• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• ๐Ÿ˜Œ This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • ๐Ÿ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • ๐Ÿ’ธ Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Contribute to Chevereto V4 translation

Rodolfo

โญ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey there,

I've enabled collaboration for Chevereto V4 translations and imported existing strings from previous Chevereto V3 translations. Most languages will require a minor update to catch up. We need help from everybody to get the software translated.

๐Ÿ‘‰ You can contribute here: https://chevereto.oneskyapp.com/collaboration/project?id=390236

If your language is missing just let me know to add it to the translations list.

To all the german translators, it might be useful to not use the formal "Sie" in german, but use "du" instead.
Hm....
In German however the "Sie" form is always used first and only if one knows someone closer or it is gladly seen the "Du" form is used.

There are scripts where explicitly two forms are offered as language. Maybe it would be for you @DarkTexas ๐Ÿฆ„ a possibility to introduce a "Du" form by creating a RFC where a second German language is introduced. For "Du" and "Sie".

These days it's been common to use "Du" on Websites. Not just because it's more trusted in some way but is also looking fore welcome and friendly. I'd put chevereto in the niche where "Du" is more appropriate than "Sie".

Maybe someone somewhere can make a survey and then the translation assistants could be directed, whether now "Du" or "Sie".
Personally, I find "SIe" better because it radiates a kind of anonymity and I also do not want to be addressed on the street by "Du" ;)

The "Du" implies with me, from unknown persons something like ... "Ey Alter...."

Edit:
I have once made the small effort and opened a thread regarding the vote.

Last edited:
@DarkTexas ๐Ÿฆ„ @McAtze @DeCysos

Regarding German language, the system enables me to define the tone for each language, but only one tone per language.
We can have de for formal and de-DE for informal or something like that, you have to tell me how.

1681747026655.png

I am okay with that form, thanks for your help. ๐Ÿ‘

de => Deutsch (Sie) formal german language
de-DE => Deutsch (Du) informal german language

Maybe you could show on the translation page what is "Du" (Informal==DE) and what is "Sie" (Formal==de_DE).

This can help to make things clearer for people without knowing this thread.

PS: As far as I have just read in the translation, many translations have been translated to Formell.
But have now already started to change some points (the beginning to Informal [DE])

Hi @Rodolfo

I have 100% completed the translation for: French
I manually downloaded the fr.po file from the translation help site, but some words remain untranslated (see attached images)
I don't know if this is the right topic to report this but here are the untranslated words.

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 5.png
    5.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.png
    4.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.png
    3.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.png
    2.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 1.png
    1.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 3
And this is one problem i found with the French translation :
Also for image, no problem, it's okay -> Brรจve description de cette image

But for "album"word, in French, we consider that as masculine, the correct translation is -> Brรจve description de cet album

On the website to help translation, we just have this : Brief description of this %s for two word in French :/

Attachments

• problem.png
    problem.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 4
Back