• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Contact form spam

imghut

💖 Chevereto Fan
I have had my contact form disabled for a couple of months now (due to massive amounts of spam) today I decided to enable again and literally with 10 minutes I had 3 messages in Russian sent, I can only assume these are spam bots, I have the google reCAPTCHA enabled and working but still, WTF?

How do you guys deal with this? if at all.

you know you can setup re-captcha that way contact form requires spammers to verify that they are not a bot and so on. That should lower spam through contact form.

you know you can setup re-captcha that way contact form requires spammers to verify that they are not a bot and so on. That should lower spam through contact form.
I said in my original post "I have the google reCAPTCHA enabled and working"

I also had tons of bots (here in the forums) and it was because they can register and fill in user details as description + link. Once I removed that they gone, and I also added moderation for all non-client messages so only customers can spam now (the way it should be).

Until we get permissions or some kind of limitation for those fields in the software this will keep happening... I recommend you to put the email address directly, a chatbot, whatever but not the contact form.

I have made some progress here (fingers crossed) I changed the "Security Preference" slider in recaptcha settings from "Easiest for users" to "Most secure" not had any spam since, apart from my sandwich ;)

I had similar issue with lots of spam in Russian. Switched to reCaptcha V3 from V2 and all gone. Apparently bots are bypassing V2.

Back