• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Community on-going improvements (RFC are back!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey there,

As V4 development is getting momentum, is now about time to involve the community in the development of the next major version of the software. I've been working in V4 since mid-2018 and during that time collaboration was closed/discouraged to don't interfere with the development process, mostly because I needed to build all the scaffolding required to build the new Chevereto, so it was a period of time where I learned a ton about test driven development, clean code, software architecture, etc.

Development took longer than expected (I know), but it happened. Chevereto V4 is under active development, and many changes are happening and I need to show you these. There's now a development section which will be used to show/organize the development around the software (actual work, internals) and it will be open so anyone can read what's going and get a better idea of the development process. For example, at this time I'm designing the new V4 APIs (yeah, multiple APIs baby! for backed, admin, and of course, user-based) and I believe that your opinion matters, a lot, so I'm going to open the community discussion in order to build better software for you guys.

Another change is that RFC are welcome again, and this time it includes the ability to vote on stuff which will help me to drive development better. As you may notice, all RFC are at vote 0, if you want to support any RFC start voting!

P.S. I got the forum nodes icons to work again and the forum display looks way better now. Sorry for not fixing this earlier.

1609949464886.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back