• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Cloudflare

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
I have setup cloudfare con chevereto.com (mostly for demo.chevereto.com) but the question is... Is really that great?
If so, I will buy cloudfare pro (also because I need ssl support).

So, what are you toughs?

IMGCrave used Cloudflare before. It is good as long as the site you're using it for isn't extremely popular. In your case I think for Chevereto demo it will be fine. Eventually our site got so much traffic and bandwidth usage they started limiting us and suspending us. And yes, we were also on Cloudflare pro. They offer a great product and can save you several TB of bandwidth per month but I do not recommend it for extremely large or high traffic sites.

i used Cloundflare before. It have many useful and a lot of harmful ( bug )

1/ Useful :

* Save traffic and bandwitdh :YES - you can save a lot of traffic and bw .

* Website Speed Increase : YES

* Firewall, Spamer, DDos , ... : YES , but not sure - i see it no effect

2/ Harmful :

* Sometime with some ones access your site - it display SITE OFFLINE ( actually - your site running and online )

* Your site will down 1 times ( may be 2,3 ) /1 month - sure 100%

* Because when used CloudFlare, you will be given IP with hundreds of other sites, as well as the use of shared hosting
with a public IP that. If unlucky, general IP was blacklist the domain you will also be negatively affected to a certain level.

Well, in demo.chevereto.com we got a lot of high usage. Some countries are blocked and the images are being stored for just 5 minutes. I don't think that cloudfare could help with that because the firewall is on the pro account (and in the demo we actually have a firewall already)

I used cloudflare on some wordpress sites and they had more advantages than disadvantages..

Advantages
- Site is loading fast
- if server is offline, site is still alive using backup pages
- server load minimized
- works with other cache plugins
- domain privacy
- ddos security

Disadvantages
- problem connecting with ftp
- sometimes when you update something on the script, the changes will appear online after some few minutes

So far so good.. you just need to set it right.. :)

Funny you should mention this but I use cloudflare my self and was seeing issues with chevereto when it was enabled and once disabled the issues went away.

What did not work was the summary page when uploading more than 1 image. Also with the user system script from Lautaro it does not assign the uploaded images to the user logged in.

sp3ctr3 said:
I have used Cloudflare for a while and have had NONE of problems that you all are having?

Then it is possible I did not give it enough time to cache. I will need to setup another install to figure out the issue

Back