• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Client sharing questions

john_h

Chevereto Noob
Hi Rodolfo,

I wanted to ask about how best to use this to share photos given my situation. I am a pro photographer and the service I was using before allowed me to simply create a folder with multiple albums within it, then set a password for the folder to be shared online. Thus a client can simply click a link to the folder, then review the different albums and download images either as an entire album, or individually. I'm looking at using your system b/c I can run it off my server and more control over the overall system.

As I understand it, to achieve something like this above using Chevereto, I would do the following:
1) create an admin account
2) create a client account
3) logout of the admin account, login to client account, create albums, upload images to albums in the client account
4) share the login with the client for their client account.

Would this be the easiest way to use this system? Or is there a way for me to create albums in my user/admin account and then share/move those albums to the client account?

Thank you,

John

Last edited by a moderator:
The easiest way and only way to achieve what you need is to give your clients an account. (you can add them manually from the admin panel) then you can make the account private and have password protected albums.

Ok, thanks for your reply. So once I give my client an account, the only way to upload to that account is by logging in as that account, correct?

Yes correct. Simply put the accounts in a system like excel or something similar with the account login so you can easily access it when needed.

You could use the bulk content importer: https://chevereto.com/docs/bulk-importer (that will import the content without having to do the process manually for each account). The bulk content importer can be used to either create new content or add content to existing users or albums.

It may take some time to get used to it but it can do exactly what you are asking here, except for the login details thing because the bulk content importer doesn't handle user passwords yet (users will need to use the "password forgot" functionality).

Oh yeah forgot the importer, silly me! The bulk importer will help you out a lot😄

Back