• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • πŸ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • πŸ’Έ Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto v4.2.0 announcement

βœ… Added support for case-sensitive url_key for categories

Category url_key is now case-sensitive and it also supports more characters now. As you may imagine, you can now have emoji url_keys so you can end up having a friendly URL like category/πŸ† for all your dick pics and whatnot.

πŸ“ˆ Added CRON runtime stat

Tracking the duration and frequency of CRON jobs will provide valuable insights into your system’s performance, enabling you to optimize it effectively.

βœ… Removed local uploads re-check

In previous versions, uploading files locally (without external storage) caused the system to frequently check filesystem integrity to prevent missing images during file operations (view, list). However, this approach led to heavy disk read operations due to constant integrity checks with every request.

Chevereto v4.2 eliminates all these local upload filesystem re-checks, significantly reducing disk read operations.

βœ… Added option to toggle guest album creation

In Chevereto v4.2.0 a new toggle feature has been added, allowing you to control whether guests can create albums or not. By default, guest album creation will be disabled.

βœ… Improved CRON error handling

When running the CRON the system will now prevent errors from blocking other outstanding jobs. The system will log these errors but not block the execution of other jobs.

I've been eying Chevereto for quite some time for one of my projects, but tagging or at least multiple categories/albums for a single image is "a must" option in my case. Seeing that tags are in the upcoming release by the end of July made me purchase the license. The addition of AVIF makes it even better. I'm very stoked about V4.2, so I can finally start my project.
I'm looking forward to it. Cheers.

βœ… Improved confirmation table indexes

The confirmation table, used to validate HTTP requests, now features improved index definitions, significantly boosting performance in your Chevereto application.

βœ… Added more ENV configurable limits

Chevereto's motto is "freedom & control", empowering you to break free from the limitations of conventional services. While that core principle remains unchanged, there are scenarios where fine-tuning service limitations is crucial. Chevereto v4.2.0 introduces new ENV keys that allow you to set maximum and minimum system properties.
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_ADMINS
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_LOGIN_PROVIDERS
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_MANAGERS
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_PAGES
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_STORAGES
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_TAGS_PER_FILE
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_TAGS_PER_LISTING
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_TAGS
  • CHEVERETO_MIN_STORAGES
For standard use cases, these limits are generally unnecessary, which is why they are set to unlimited by default. However, for those looking to offer self-hosted Chevereto services, these limits are invaluable for fine-tuning plan offerings.

βœ… Added more ENV system configurable toggles

Chevereto v4.2.0 introduces new system-configurable toggles, allowing you to fine-tune your service provisioning.
  • CHEVERETO_ENABLE_DEBUG
  • CHEVERETO_ENABLE_PUP_CUSTOM_URL
  • CHEVERETO_ENABLE_UPDATE_CHECK
  • CHEVERETO_ENABLE_UPLOAD_URL

βœ… Migrated xrDebug configuration from database to ENV

To configure xrDebug usage, you will now need to use the following ENV keys.
  • CHEVERETO_XRDEBUG_HOST
  • CHEVERETO_XRDEBUG_HTTPS
  • CHEVERETO_XRDEBUG_KEY
  • CHEVERETO_XRDEBUG_PORT
  • CHEVERETO_ENABLE_XRDEBUG

βœ… Added more ENV configurable limits

Chevereto's motto is "freedom & control", empowering you to break free from the limitations of conventional services. While that core principle remains unchanged, there are scenarios where fine-tuning service limitations is crucial. Chevereto v4.2.0 introduces new ENV keys that allow you to set maximum and minimum system properties.
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_ADMINS
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_LOGIN_PROVIDERS
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_MANAGERS
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_PAGES
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_STORAGES
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_TAGS_PER_FILE
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_TAGS_PER_LISTING
  • CHEVERETO_MAX_TAGS
  • CHEVERETO_MIN_STORAGES
For standard use cases, these limits are generally unnecessary, which is why they are set to unlimited by default. However, for those looking to offer self-hosted Chevereto services, these limits are invaluable for fine-tuning plan offerings.
Hello, so now you can configure users' disk space, as well as how many images they can download (example)?
Do I understand correctly?

I use a translator

Back