• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • πŸ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • πŸ’Έ Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto v4.1.0

πŸ’… Added edition name at installation details

1712969549819.png

Now you can clearly identify which Chevereto edition are you running. There will be 4 editions (free, lite, pro and enterprise).

⏲️ Added button to manually run CRON

I'm getting too many support requests for issues related to CRON not running (thanks GoDaddy) so I'm adding a button to manually trigger CRON via HTTP. While CRON issues are totally local, absolutely not Chevereto's fault, it is getting frustrating for me to convince users the opposite. Now you have a button to manually run this thing.

1713042561151.png

1713042621798.png

βœ… Added enabled file type options for External Storage

With the addition of video you may want to have dedicated storage for this media type. As video and images differ in several orders of magnitude when it comes to file size, the most clever thing to do is to optimize each storage and that's exactly what Chevereto does.

This will also enable you to have dedicated CDN for your media types. Flexible as it gets, you pick which types are available from the External Storage edit window and suit your needs.

1713200210817.png

βœ… Unified embed codes display

Embed codes on /image now works exactly the same as everything else (uploader, listings). It also adds direct links for thumb, medium and frame. Note that frame will be shown only for videos, even on multiple select items. I've also improved styling so you can now easily read the code (wider).

1713452616192.png

Will there be hotlink protection for video ? for example s3 sign or token. because video size is bigger then images therefore abuse can cause problems.

Also embed code can be like iframe or page view. this is useful for prevent hotlink.

Thank you for your effort.

Will there be hotlink protection for video ?
You can tweak your HTTP server for that, just like images. Keep in mind Chevereto doesn't ship with an app layer web server so you can tweak and configure that on top of Apache HTTP, nginx, etc.

πŸŽ₯ Added frame image size for video uploads

Chevereto always generates a thumb .th.jpeg file, for big images it also generates a medium .md.jpeg image. For video uploads it will always generate a video frame .fr.jpeg file which enables to fill the <video> poster attribute.

1713536679704.png

Back