• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto v3.18 announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey there,

I'm trying something new here so I will start announcing multiple upcoming releases. That way I think that we can have more time to discuss the changes, allowing me to build better releases.

I'm announcing Chevereto v3.18 which will focus in improve the image processing system, which is currently GD based. This release will use Imagick, on top of Intervention. According to this benchmark, resizing images is 3x faster. It also offers easier handling of metadata removal, allowing to strip all metadata without altering the actual image data. On top of that, Intervention library offers more and better ways to handle resizing, watermarks, thumbs and encoding. I will improve about everything.

Although v3.17 adds nested-albums, support for the Bulk Importer won't be included. This release will fill the gap there.

Chevereto v3.18.0 pre-release notes
  • Added support for Imagick extension (ImageMagick)
  • Added support for nested albums in Bulk Importer
  • Improved support for NFS mounts
  • Improved image resizing, thumbs, watermarks and encoding using Intervention
  • Improved remove Exif processing
  • Fixed bug with not working Bulk Importer watermarks
  • Updated Chinese Simplified and German translations
  • Updated all vendor dependencies
Please note that this release will be out by January 2021. This is because I'm anticipating that it will take a while to settle the addition of nested albums functionality. If everything goes well and I get lucky it could be my Christmas present for you 🎅🏾

Les tengo su paquetito coqueto 🎁😘

Hope you like the heads up!

A quick update on this is that demo is now already running all the ImageMagick improvements. The only missing feature is the support for nested albums in Bulk importer.

The release should be available within this week, at most by the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back