• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto v3.17 announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love the ability to import my files from google photos if I ever wish to self host them
Bulk importer support Google Photos format already, and in 3.17 it supports more Metadata formats.

There's an additional release note.

• Deprecated album thumbs on listings (performance)
    I've removed the small thumbs shown below each album on listings as the query became very expensive when the album holds lots of images. This caused a severe performance problem making the system unusable under the described use case. For now I've removed the functionality and the query, which nows only makes a reference query for the album cover id.
    Perhaps I add this later on by using a cache strategy for these images, but for now I will remove it to avoid interruptions in production systems.

Second beta is already released and now the only missing feature is the change of the third-party login system. I will start to work again on it later this week, in the meanwhile I will be doing some V4 stuff.

If everything goes as planned v3.17 will be out within this month.
cant open the page. Is it possible to participate in beta?

I've withdraw the following feature that was previously announced for 3.17:
  • Improved third-party login system
    I don't see any relevant interest in this and I don't think that is any efficient to re-do login for V3 then do it again for V4. Due to that, I won't work in improving the third-party login providers for V3 and I will just skip it for V4. There are many systems that require more attention at this time, specially image processing which is now mission critical for me to fix within this year.
Due to the above reasons, there won't be improved third-party login system in V3, at least for now.

Last edited:
    I don't see any relevant interest in this and I don't think that is any efficient to re-do login for V3 then do it again for V4. Due to that, I won't work in improving the third-party login providers for V3 and I will just skip it for V4. There are many systems that require more attention at this time, specially image processing which is now mission critical for me to fix within this year.
Due to the above reasons, there won't be improved third-party login system in V3, at least for now.

Today I got an email from Google about "Google will discontinue support for sign-ins to Google accounts from embedded browser frameworks, starting January 4, 2021." The email also stated the one I am currently using for my site is affected. Will this affect Chevereto Google sign in?

Today I got an email from Google about "Google will discontinue support for sign-ins to Google accounts from embedded browser frameworks, starting January 4, 2021." The email also stated the one I am currently using for my site is affected. Will this affect Chevereto Google sign in?

Chevereto uses OAUTH 2. Is not affected, at all.

I'm fine with this decission. Third-party login may be convenient to some degree but also offers the risk of loosing access to an arbitrary number of services when a login provider is shut down/hacked or the like.

New release notes added.
  • Added support for nested albums
    This allows to organize images in a nested structure, without inheritance (each album handles its own privacy). This is perfect for managing large photo collections, it was about time to add this one.
  • Added support for equirectangular 360 images
    🎉 I got sponsored (someone paid me for) to add 360 photo support. Hope to keep getting sponsored, I code for money and goods.
Hope to drop a beta asap, because I need to get feedback on the nested albums functionality. Perhaps Monday?
The 360 images will be a game changer in my world. THANK YOU!!!!

I wanted to ask a question about nested albums behaviour: just updated and tried this feature (was looking forward to that one for a looong time!)
So, if I create sub-album and move some images from parent album into it, they dissapear from count and are not displayed in a parent album (probably expected behaviour as image currently can't belong to multiple albums), but this creates a problem - if all images from a parent album belong to subalbums - it shows 0 images and no album image cover in album listing, giving an impression of no content lurking underneath.

Probably more expected would be to display all public images from all sub-albums?

The window where codes and information are displayed is now an empty window. It is as if the image is not loaded.
Does everyone have it in the new version?

Attachments

• 2020-11-27_094121.png
    2020-11-27_094121.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back