• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Chevereto not run on dedicated server

Version
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
5.5.68-mariaDB
Web browser
all

bailylola2651

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I installed chevereto with centos 7, everything is OK with VPS except dedicated server.

I tried many times and always got system error:
No write permission in /images/ directory. Chevereto needs to be able to write in this directory.
No write permission in /content/ directory. Chevereto needs to be able to write in this directory.

Please help me fix it! Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 15
I installed the same way and it works only on VPS, even i chmod to 777 but it still doesn't work.
chevereto works on dedicated server too.

Lets start with what OS does your server use and what php version, web server, etc?

Sounds more like a miss configuration on webserver not having premissions to even write to the folders even if you can still see website.

chevereto works on dedicated server too.

Lets start with what OS does your server use and what php version, web server, etc?

Sounds more like a miss configuration on webserver not having premissions to even write to the folders even if you can still see website.

CentOS
Version 1.0.8 free
PHP version 5.4.16
Database driver MariaDB

I installed the same way and it works only on VPS except Dedicated Server (I tried on many dedicated servers)

Regarding permissions, on Debian based you can use:

Code:
chown -R www-data: /var/www/myproject/

Where www-data is the user running the web server, in debian the user which runs Apache HTTP is named www-data.

What that command achieves that the web server has owner permissions there, meaning that it will be able to write on disk. But only the web server user needs that permission, not all users.

I don't know is centos use www-data, you will need to do some research there.

Back