• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Chevereto gives server error after moving server

ghulst

Chevereto Member
Hi guys,

I have inherited a Chevereto installation. I needed to move it from the old server to my own VPS as the old server was about to expire.
I have transferred all files through FTP (ancient old server) and re-uploaded it to my cpanel VPS. Everything seemed in order, so I went ahead and set up the cron and changed the values in settings.php to connect to my own database. But when I go to domain.com/chevereto it gives me a 500 server error.
Any thoughts? Database name, user and password are correct and server is localhost. I have tried it on PHP 7.3, 7.4 and 8.

When I dig into the error.log this is what I get:
Stack trace:
#0 /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/functions.php(86): count(NULL)
#1 /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/functions.php(1499): G\check_value(NULL)
#2 /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/loader.php(95): G\absolute_to_url('/home/DOMAIN/p...')
#3 /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/index.php(20): include_once('/home/DOMAIN/p...')
#4 {main}
thrown in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/functions.php on line 86
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Warning: Undefined array key "session.save_path" in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/G.php on line 86
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Required parameter $subject follows optional parameter $delimiter in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/functions.php on line 1613
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Required parameter $filename follows optional parameter $method in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/functions.php on line 2164
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Warning: Undefined array key "error_reporting" in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/G.php on line 119
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Required parameter $values_array follows optional parameter $exception in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/lib/functions.php on line 81
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Required parameter $item follows optional parameter $tpl in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/lib/functions.render.php on line 396
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Required parameter $template follows optional parameter $tpl in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/lib/functions.render.php on line 396
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Required parameter $tools follows optional parameter $tpl in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/lib/functions.render.php on line 396
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/functions.php on line 1422
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/functions.php on line 1422
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Warning: Undefined array key "crypt" in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/loader.php on line 51
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Warning: Undefined variable $join in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/classes/class.db.php on line 349
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Warning: Undefined array key "active_storage" in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/lib/classes/class.settings.php on line 241
[07-Nov-2023 10:18:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, null given in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/functions.php:86

At a bit of a loss here...

Last edited:
An update. A check revealed this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, null given in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/functions.php:86 Stack trace: #0 /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/functions.php(86): count(NULL) #1 /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/functions.php(1499): G\check_value(NULL) #2 /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/loader.php(95): G\absolute_to_url('/home/DOMAIN/p...') #3 /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/index.php(20): include_once('/home/DOMAIN/p...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/lib/G/functions.php on line 86

Last edited:
And a composer error:

Warning: require(/home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/vendor/composer/../ralouphie/getallheaders/src/getallheaders.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 71

Fatal error
: require(): Failed opening required '/home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/vendor/composer/../ralouphie/getallheaders/src/getallheaders.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 71

Last edited:
Ok, I am reviving this thread as I have finally found some time to see if I can fix this. In the meantime I have updated to Chevereto 4.1.4 and updated the server to php 8.0. Now I get a beautiful screen that says:

"Something went wrong. Please try again later. If the problem persists don't hesitate to contact the system administrator. 2024-05-31T09:58:40+00:0066599f50df805"

However, as I am the system administrator, I have no clue...

Ok, I am reviving this thread as I have finally found some time to see if I can fix this. In the meantime I have updated to Chevereto 4.1.4 and updated the server to php 8.0. Now I get a beautiful screen that says:

"Something went wrong. Please try again later. If the problem persists don't hesitate to contact the system administrator. 2024-05-31T09:58:40+00:0066599f50df805"

However, as I am the system administrator, I have no clue...
Support checklist
  • ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.

I don't have any access to any Chevereto things (settings, debug switch or whatever).

The only thing I can get is this error message from the error_log:

[31-May-2024 09:47:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/vendor/composer/../ralouphie/getallheaders/src/getallheaders.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 71

And I do not know why that says ea-php73 as it is really running PHP 8.0.

Last edited:
And I do not know why that says ea-php73 as it is really running PHP 8.0.
The error is saying "trying to lookup in this path... php 7.3", not that is running PHP 7.3.

In the upgrade from V3 docs it is remarked to get rid of the /vendor folder before unzipping V4.

I did remove the vendor folder, then overwrote all the files with 4.1.4.

But because I don't want to get stuck here, I redid the whole thing. So, I removed the files again and re-uploaded everything again. Overwriting everything there was with the new install. With this result:

Code:
Stack trace:
#0 /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/legacy/load/php-boot.php(20): require_once()
#1 /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/legacy/entrypoints/index.php(18): require_once('/home/xjrider/p...')
#2 /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/index.php(12): require_once('/home/xjrider/p...')
#3 {main}
  thrown in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/chevereto/app/legacy/load/loader.php on line 24

Last edited:
No more thoughts on this?

I am guessing I am going to give up on Chevereto and just point to an external image hosting service. I am just not smart enough to get this going.

No more thoughts on this?
You chopped the error message and show only the trace not the error.

am going to give up on Chevereto
You can always purchase support.

Chevereto depends on many other systems and it is very easy to break the infra. It is also hard to fix unless you master the whole stack of systems it depends on.

Unfortunately this is all that I have got. I did purchase support for V4, but life got in the way and then it apparently expired right before I started on this. I know it is all me, but I am getting quite fed up with this. I have purchased two or three licenses for Chevereto and have yet to get a version working properly. Unfortunately.

Just yesterday I spent about two hours debugging a VPS just to found out that the issue was all related to apt packages conflicting each other. It was very frustrating and I'm an expert on this field so I can barely imagine how frustrating this is for everybody else. It feels like building a stairway with chairs.

Then there's Docker which at least removes the moving parts on the base infra but still has its quirks. When there's issues with Docker users reach a dead end because it's a complete extra layer you need to understand.

That's the cost of freedom and zero surveillance. You can't expect to run a system like this in the long term without deeply learning about systems or be willing to spend on support assistance from time to time.

Oh, I know these systems can be complicated and I know about things interfering with each other. I once had a Chevereto installation running on this same server without issues. However, I wanted to connect it to something and that didn’t work. I bought a V3 license for that. Then I bought another V3 license for this site, then upgraded to V4 when the new version came out. I am very much prepared to pay for support for things I do not have enough knowledge about. Which I did when I purchased V4. And then time ran out on the support without using it.

And at some point -and obviously this has nothing to do with you- my energy for this whole thing ran out as well. I have taken over this site from somebody else to save it from deletion and to retain the information on it for the future. This whole thing is a labor of love and I think I have sunk about 80 hours into the whole endeavor (not just Chevereto, though the phpBB move only cost a couple of hours) and I’d rather spend that time doing something else.

Oh well, such is life.

And then time ran out on the support without using it.
I've never bundled in-site support in the software purchase, you are confusing "Pro Support" (forum subscription) with in-site support which is a completely different support layer.

I think that my support rate of $45 is way less expensive than 80 hours of your time.

But I understand your concern, that's why I'm working on hosted Chevereto. Self-hosted takes too much time, for both ends as for me is a hard endeavor to make it work in several different infrastructure and the payoff is ridiculously low. I made Chevereto so users can be focusing on uploading stuff and using your websites, I didn't create it to push users into infra management neither to run a tech support side business.

Well, as I am confused by Chevereto already, the pro vs in-site can easily be added to it. ;)

I don't worry about it. I wouldn't personally buy hosted Chevereto as that was not what the previous owner had meant it for. I just have to deal with the inheritance. And I do think that you have a very friendly support rate. I would have expected that to be at least 50% higher.

I run a VPS for my own pleasure, for business tests and to rescue obscure information from disappearing off the internet. (Yes, contrary to belief, that does seem to happen.) I can work my way around quite a few CMS systems, some PHP and some SQL but I am definitely not a programmer, nor would I ever want to be. There are people that are much better at that than I am. So, at times you just need to admit defeat and just discard the investment in something, I guess.

I inherited a phpBB forum where people uploaded images to the local Chevereto install to share their pictures. That was a nice setup, but it was an older install that needed to be updated to work again. The Chevereto install is 4.5Gb. ;)

Back