• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto-Free/LICENSE

Is the MIT License still up to date? Can a fork of it to be modified on github and continue to be open source? always with reference to chevereto, as described in the license?
This fork: https://github.com/helioxgroup/Chevereto-Free is behind by 110 commits, the code present in that fork is MIT licensed, if you fork that code then the license will be still MIT as that fork doesn't contain the commit where I changed licensing back to AGPLv3.

The actual code (https://github.com/rodber/chevereto-free) is not MIT licensed, it is AGPLv3 licensed. If you take code from the main fork it must be AGPLv3 licensed.

Keep in mind that both MIT and AGPLv3 are Open Source licenses, and Chevereto-Free is both Open Source and Free Software.

i want to use the Chevereto App as a Gallery in my Webapp. I would like to change the theme and some hooks in the image.php and routes.php. another pages without chevereto will have some function that payable for user, because of server storage and so on.
is it better to fork the code, make some changes and put it on github or is it better to buy the license and make some changes in the code and put it on github?

many thanks for support!
best regards!

If you want to fork Chevereto-Free you have to follow the AGPLv3 licensing, meaning that any change that you make must be made public available to the users of your fork using the same license. You achieve that spawning a public repo fork.

If you want to fork Chevereto (paid) you can't make that fork public as I reserve the right to distribute that code. You can modify the code, provide a modified version to your users (as any installation) but you can't re-distribute the code as a whole already modified. You can (if you want to) distribute your changes without my code.

Thank You Rodolfo. If i paid Chevereto, may i make some custom-hooks to change the layout add some new functions to it, for free. The Gallery (Chevereto) will be free to use, but the User must pay the Storage and if the User use the new Functions on other Pages, not in Chevereto written. So, it will a mix of free Functions (Chevereto) and fee required Functions (not Chevereto Pages).

but i will not publish the code changes (customization).

is that correct? Thanks for your support!

Yes, that's correct. You can customize Chevereto to make it fit your needs and offer it to users. These users may pay or not to use your system (doesn't matter). The only restriction is that you can't make public the base code + modifications, you can only make public your code.

thank you Rodolfo. is it ok, if we take place in our imprint, that the gallery is based on chevereto from you?
best regards!

Yes, you can say that your service is based on Chevereto software. There's a "powered by Chevereto" under user settings anyway 😁.

Hello

If i use Chevereto free,can i upgrade that free version to paid version after some time?

Back