• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto 3 possible trial? or some questions before buying.......

JoeFed

Chevereto Noob
Hello Chevereto community I have a few questions on chevereto 3 paid version.

1) Is there any way I can get a trial versione of the paid version 3? I know that there is the free version which does not support External Storage and guess what brought me to Chevereto ...lol.

2) If there is no way of testing Chevereto 3 in trial mode I have the following questions:

2.a) Is there a live gallery, meaning, if I upload pictures to an FTP folder on an External Storage will Chevereto pickup the newly uploaded picture and public it on some Gallery that I have setup as Live?

2.b) Are the pictures on the external FTP folder left on the external FTP folder? Or does Chevereto import those photos locally?

2.c) Does Chevereto support videos as well? If yes what types?

2.d) Looks like there is no Android app will there be one if yes when?

2.e) Does Chevereto have a sharing feature, when connected from my mobile phone, to the most common apps, email link, sms, whatsapp, viber .....ect?

2.f) Does it support multiuser environment, like I would like to have a login for my self and one for my wife where we see our own pictures.

2.g) Does it support sharing galleries among the other users? Lets say I want to share within Chevereto certain photos, videos or galleries with my wife kind of Google Photos.

Thank you in advance.

2.a) Is there a live gallery, meaning, if I upload pictures to an FTP folder on an External Storage will Chevereto pickup the newly uploaded picture and public it on some Gallery that I have setup as Live?
No. Chevereto won't scan an External Storage server to sync the contents with the database. To import images to a target External Storage, you have to use the BCI (Bulk Content Importer). This works on "batches" so you will need to create a new importing job everytime you want to add more images and the local copy will be removed, the only thing left will be the actual image on the external server.

2.b) Are the pictures on the external FTP folder left on the external FTP folder? Or does Chevereto import those photos locally?
All remote, there's no local copy.

2.c) Does Chevereto support videos as well? If yes what types?
No video support at this time, it will get added in V4.

2.d) Looks like there is no Android app will there be one if yes when?
Development is going towards offer Chevereto based websites as a REST API service which should allow countless mobile clients to spawn. An official mobile app is always I always wanted but so far there's no real plans for it.

2.e) Does Chevereto have a sharing feature, when connected from my mobile phone, to the most common apps, email link, sms, whatsapp, viber .....ect?
No, that requires a mobile client.

2.f) Does it support multiuser environment, like I would like to have a login for my self and one for my wife where we see our own pictures.
Of course, you can create all the accounts you need.

2.g) Does it support sharing galleries among the other users? Lets say I want to share within Chevereto certain photos, videos or galleries with my wife kind of Google Photos.
It support sharing, but not by user groups. It goes all-in or all-out. For example, you can share a private album using a password access or just asking for having the link. Unfortunately, there's no user-based sharing options so far.

Hope it helps,
Rodolfo.

Given that a huge number of the photos uploaded are now taken with a mobile device I think some priority should be given to a mobile app. I realise that Rodolfo can't do everything but I would hate to see mobile clients that include advertising or that users have to pay for. There was some discussion about producing an app years ago but it seems to have come to nothing.

There was some discussion about producing an app years ago but it seems to have come to nothing.

To produce a client app (server - client concept here) you must have a robust API so you can interact with the server without any boundaries. This API not only allows mobile clients, but any given interaction so the possibilities are endless.

The modern way to achieve this is called "headless" which comes from the fact that the system isn't tied to a particular frontend and is basically just an API. Change Chevereto to a headless CMS is a complex process and the process is ongoing. You can check progress here: https://github.com/rodolfoberrios/chevereto-core

Back