• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Cheap CDN for your website

Check out Bunny CDN, they are very friendly and pretty new in the game. 10 TB US/EU traffic is $100/month compared to $500+ with the competition.

Also check out OVH's CDN. They offer 19 POPs and a few months ago they announced opening of datacenters in Poland, Netherlands, US West, US East, Australia, Singapore, Germany, Spain and Italy. ( https://www.ovh.ie/discover/ )

I will keep my site on Cloudflare until they kick me off. And then I might look into a more dedicated CDN service.

Last edited:
There is a cheaper and better solution :). Use Cloudflare (Unlimited BW) + cedexis (Pointing to CloudFront + Azure CDN (Edgecast & Akamai) + belugacdn (free 100g). What this does it caches images locally using cedexis for CloudFlare which only caches stuff based on demand. Once the resource is cached in CloudFlare you will save a ton of money on other CDN and have better caching system :). Even though cloudflare caching is selective (bad) its CDN PoP locations are one of the best. If anyone is interested in this setup PM for a test link.

Last edited:
Not bad pricing. I use Maxcdn right now. I pay about $15 a month for around 320 gigs of transfer with North America, Europe, Australia, Asia, and Latin America locations.

uaPLx.jpg

uaW3N.jpg

uaZXO.jpg

uad0m.jpg

ujGv8.jpg

Last edited:
I had a really good experience with BelugaCDN.com They offer instant signup and 100GB free each month, anything over is only a penny ($.01). There are no restrictions on content types, and performance has been great. I have a small blog so it doesnt end up costing me anything at the end of the month. I imagine their larger customers are how they pay their bills.

I had a really good experience with BelugaCDN.com They offer instant signup and 100GB free each month, anything over is only a penny ($.01). There are no restrictions on content types, and performance has been great. I have a small blog so it doesnt end up costing me anything at the end of the month. I imagine their larger customers are how they pay their bills.

Yes beluga is pretty good in USA and Europe. I use it in conjunction with cedexis.

I was going to give BelugaCDN a shot. But, I emailed them in November, after seeing this. They just responded back to me a week ago. A WEEK ago. That is not good.

MaxCDN is proving to be extremely stable for me. CDN77 had some downtime, but, MaxCDN's support is absolutely amazing. This year it's going to cost me around $300 or so.

I guess they no longer offer the free 100gb? Min I can see is paid 500gb.

I'm thinking of trying MaxCDN.

MaxCDN has been extremely stable and their support is awesome! I was in the hospital a while ago and emailed them stating I can't pay right now and asked if I can in a few weeks. They said yes and rearranged my payments for me :)

My choice is INXY (www.inxy.com/cdn). They have tens of highly effective and cheap networks with per-gigabyte pricing. Besides, servers are located in the USA, Europe, Asia, Russia and Latin America, so you will definitely figure out a great solution. They have free trial for up to a month, and customer support is always friendly and available.
Interesting. I've never heard of them. Checking them out.

I am really happy with MaxCDN but it's starting to get really expensive with the price increases!

I emailed Beluga and they never responded back. So I never bothered using them. Then after like 2.5 months I get a response apologizing saying they missed my ticket. I was badly turned off from that.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Trying out Inxy:

They asked me a variety of questions... Some interesting responses. They are trying to tell me they're CHEAPER than MaxCDN and better performance than MaxCDN while quoting me a higher prices. Their support is interesting and really pushes their product.

Sales Manager: Hello, what can I do for you today? Good news - get Verizon CDN network for just $10 USD per 1 TB - only 20% of our regular price. Could you be interested?

Me: Is that a monthly price or per terabyte used over time?

Sales Manager: Hello! We have a pey as you go model and you pay for used traffic. We actually offer several solutions.
Let me ask you a few questions, that will help you choose a CDN provider for you and to tell you the certain price for your needs.

Me: Interesting.

Sales Manager: First of all, what locations do you want CDN to cover?

Me: Absolutely!
- North America, especially West Coast & East Coast
- Europe, with a focus in the Nordic states
- Tel Aviv (we get a lot of Israeli traffic)
- Sydney

Sales Manager: Ok! And how much traffic do you have monthly?
The price and discounts depend on it
Nick?

Me: About 375 GB a month. It grows by about 10-25 GB a month.

Sales Manager: Ok, what kind of data do you want t ocache? Do you have your project already done? If yes, give me the link please

Me: nickpic.host
Images

Sales Manager: Thanks! Do you plan to use SSL or the static content will be available via http?

Me: I plan on having SSL for the website. I am restarting apache later this week so it'd take effect. I already have it running on my current CDN, https://cdn.nicpic.host

Sales Manager: Ok! As I've told you, we have several solutions with different options. Can you tell me, what's your desired bduget you want to meet? That will help to choose a solution in the price range you want

Me: I currently pay MaxCDN $19.50 a month for about 350 GB of traffic.

Sales Manager: Ok, let me check what we can offer you

Me: This includes their premium edge servers in Latin America, Tel Aviv, and Japan.

Sales Manager: We can offer yo ua solution with free SSL support - it's highwinds. It takes 3rd place in terms of performance in the world. For worldwide coverage the price is 0.00$ for 1GB of traffic monthly. Is it acceptable for you? For NA+EU coverage it will be cheaper, if it's enough for your needs.
Nick?

Me: You guys are more expensive than the CDN I currently use already.

Sales Manager: The services we provide are much more reliable and the performance is much better than maxcdn. We know the CDN market very well. Let me check maybe we will be able to give you some discounts.

Me: I'm paying $19.50 a month for 350 GB that includes the extra locations fee (their CEO gave it to me) and a robust SSL certificate. From a quick Google search I can only see two CDNs that rank ihgher than MaxCDN and that's Akamai and EdgeCast.

Sales Manager: As we see from our research, Highwinds takes 3rd place. We've checked in through testings. We ca also offer you Verizon (Edgecast) but SSL support is an additioonal option.

Me: I'm curious of what it'd be like for our Australian users.

Sales Manager: For shared SSL it costs $50 for setup (1 time fee) and $50 monthly.

Me: For setup? So you ugys don't have SNI support? I isntalled my own SSL on MaxCDN.

Sales Manager: Highwinds don't charge for SSL support - so you can upload your own certificate for CNAME
Vustom SSL from Verizon is rather expensive if you want to upload your certificate
Custom* - sorry
That's why I've offered Highwinds

Me: Awww

Sales Manager: We can lower the price to 0.075$ for worldwide coverage (Highwinds). It's the best I can. If NA+EU is enough, then the price is lower of course

Last edited:
So. I've seen some massive growth. MaxCDN is now $79 a month because I need a Terabyte a month. Any recommendations of who else to look at? I LOVE MaxCDN as they're amazing. But, this is not feasible for longterm growth.

I'm finding KeyCDN's support to be extremely sucky. They're taking 24+ hours to respond, and, they're giving advice that is impossible on their platform, because their own knowledgebase goes against what support says. Beluga once again, failed to respond to me after a week. Beluga is a one man show, I'm confident about this fact. I'll try some of the others on CDN Calc.

Back