• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chat room for Chevereto

Danny.Domb

👽 Chevereto Freak
Hello everybody!

I was wondering if it were a good idea to implement and IRC or anything similar for chevereto.

If you don't know what is an IRC, it's a chat room where everybody can talk to everybody.

I mean, I would like to get to know the clients on chevereto in a more familiar way, and it's not possible with the forum.

So if you think it's a good idea, and you will go often on it, simply vote yes, otherwise vote no ;)

Thank you.

P.S : Their would be no support offers for chevereto or the mods on the chat.

Rodolfo said:
What about jabber?

I prefer an IRC or even a php chat, because both can be accessed from your browser, jabber will soon have an web interface... but it is not implemented yet.
And an IRC is better than a php chat because it offers a lot more possibilities for the normal user.

I voted no.

It will decrease the forum's user activity ( for the ones that will use the chat ) and even tho you say no support will be given in the chat, at some point people WILL get support in the chat.

If you guys do get a chat for chevereto, I'd recommend Openfire + Spark, I use this for my mod clients and it's just awesome.

I voted - IRC.

Very familiar with IRC, even setup my own network before...

Setting up Eggdrop bots and stuff maybe to the the latest version of Chevereto and maybe plugins or something.

Lautaro said:
I voted no.

It will decrease the forum's user activity ( for the ones that will use the chat ) and even tho you say no support will be given in the chat, at some point people WILL get support in the chat.

If you guys do get a chat for chevereto, I'd recommend Openfire + Spark, I use this for my mod clients and it's just awesome.

Maybe Forum activity may slow down, but there are very success forums with a Chat that are very active as well as a Chat Room.

I've installed OpenFire and Spark too, not too bad - but IRC is easier to implement.

Lautaro said:
I voted no.

+ 1. If chat is introduced people will expect instant support, EVEN though you have stated this will not be offered.

Well, people send me pm, email, Facebook messages, twitter dms, gtalk chats, etc asking for support but the support is by forum to save the QnA for future reference. I don't think that a chat will slow down the forum and it could be usefull to plan or talk about anything.

Rodolfo said:
Well, people send me pm, email, Facebook messages, twitter dms, gtalk chats, etc asking for support but the support is by forum to save the QnA for future reference. I don't think that a chat will slow down the forum and it could be usefull to plan or talk about anything.

Exactly what I tought... ;) Great we have the same view of this project!

Sharkybro said:
MyBB has a very good chat plugin made by one of the best developers within the MyBB Community.

The decision has been taken, I pretty much sure of it, Chevereto next forum software will be XenForo

Danny.Domb said:
I don't see the reason to pay for XenForo. When you can get MyBB For free, and alot of good plugins for MyBB? MyBB Has alot of good features, and free plugins. So why pay for XenForo? They don't have that much features as MyBB have, + its paid.

$140 - XenForo
$0.00 - MyBB

>_>

Back