• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

changing the site name or moving the server

user_e5286

Chevereto Member
If I have successfully installed chevereto using the docker method and scripts, and then I want to change the host domain or the install server entirely....is there a recommended way for that?

You need to backup volumes for persistent storage (app uploads, database) then re-create the containers. Then use the docker volume tool to copy files from old volumes to new.

There may be other strategies, perhaps third party tools to ease the process.

Thank you, yes i see how it is structured now. Let's say I do a fresh install using the docker method from scratch. And then I copy over the two folders for database and storage (the contents inside, the folders will already be created). Would that work?

Hi Rodolfo, I saw this in the github docs. You mention that if namespace or target is altered, I can execute the steps here, and that will resolve the issue. I feel this is exactly the same issue that I have. If I stop containers, then make a new namespace, then run these steps....that should take care of it, right?

Just to confirm, am I correct in that what this is accomplishing is literally copying those two folders from one volume to another? So if I were to manually copy the volumes, then restart the containers....would that accomplish the same thing? If so, then I would say these are the exact steps to take if changing the domain name of the site.

Attachments

• Snag_527068f1.png
    Snag_527068f1.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 11
Back