• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Changing image URL from main domain to sub domain

Kayz

Chevereto Member
👉Fill out this template accordingly with the issue you are experiencing. Add relevant files if needed. 🚧🚦Don't @mention to grab attention. Don't edit the titles of this template.

🎯Description of the issue

I am going to be using external storage for my images. Currently i have thousands of images in date order:

mydomain.com/2019/12/02/myphoto.png - i want to move all the images from that domain to my subdomain

subdomain.mydomain.com/2019/12/02/myphoto.png

So when i delete all the images on the main server from mydomain.com/2019/12/02/myphoto.png anybody who has that url embedded somewhere as am image should still be able to see it embedded and have a working image via subdomain.mydomain.com/2019/12/02/myphoto.png

Does that make sense? I know i can do url re-directs via .htacess but that would require for me to do a lot of lines!

Last edited:
For this kind of issue you have to write a dynamic url redirector. If you have nginx you need a server block, if you use apache you need a htaccess rule.

Please note that our support is for Chevereto issues, which means, stuff caused/triggered by the software. The fact that the system maps these URLs doesn't mean that it is also responsible in how these resolve.

Moved to server issues as your question doesn't qualify for tech support.

For this kind of issue you have to write a dynamic url redirector. If you have nginx you need a server block, if you use apache you need a htaccess rule.

Please note that our support is for Chevereto issues, which means, stuff caused/triggered by the software. The fact that the system maps these URLs doesn't mean that it is also responsible in how these resolve.

Moved to server issues as your question doesn't qualify for tech support.

Thanks, using apache. If i were to use htaccess rule that would be a lot of lines! Are you able to point me in the right direction of a dynamic htaccess rule which re-directs files according the date in the url? Or maybe without mapping the entire date in the url just add the subdomain when the main url is visited?

Back