• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Change size of images on home and in search?

lfcbuzz

Chevereto Member
I'm looking to change the size of the images in the home page and search pages from portrait to landscape with one column and a full width landscape image (1:3 height to width ratio). I have managed to change the number of columns from 5 to 1 by altering:

Code:
PF.obj.listing.columns = new Array();

var device_to_columns = {
                phone: 1,
                phablet: 2,
                tablet: 3,
                laptop: 4,
                desktop: 5
            };

But I've been through nearly every file and for some reason I cant seem to find the code which resizes the images. I've attached an example of how i want to make the images appear.

landscape.jpg

Attachments

• landscape.jpg
    landscape.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 10
Can anyone shed some light on this or is it going to be a big rework of the back-end code? Just looking to display either one or two columns with the images landscape instead of portrait.

Dashboard > Settings > Listings. Then put "1" in all the column boxes. Maybe you will need to to some ajustments in the the PF.fn.listing.columnizer function.

I am such an idiot. Spent hours going though every single file looking at thousands of lines of code and all i needed to do was change a few settings in the dashboard... In my defence i was using an old version from last year and didn't have the options until i updated today.

Under "Image Upload" settings I changed the thumbnail size to 1500x500 and the medium size to 1500 then in "Listings" settings like you said I set the column listing to:

Phone: 1
Phablet: 1
Tablet: 2
Laptop: 2
Desktop: 2

It works perfectly on all the monitors I've tried it on but it still doesn't fit perfectly on my phone as the images are small and surrounded by a bigger grey box. It's getting late so i will try work out why tomorrow and post results if i manage to find a solution.

I've included an image in case anyone else was looking to get this result.

P.S. If you need me i will be in the corner trying to find what i have left of my dignity.

progress.jpg

The grey thing is something that I still need to improve and believe me when I told you that I have improved this functions like 50 times already. Anyway, there is a commented code in the PF.fn.listing.columnizer that says something about "safe up-scaling". Basically this thing will allow you to increase the size of the image to a certain range to avoid displaying that grey thing. You will also find helpful if you increase the size of the medium sized images (Dashboard > Image upload).

Back