• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Can't perform automatic update

Status
Not open for further replies.

tejasjim

Chevereto Member
🎯Description of the issue

Can't perform automatic update

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps
  1. In my server's chevereto folder, a single notice alerts me that "There is an update available for your system. Go to Dashboard to download and install this update."
  2. Pop-up now states, "There is an update available for your system. You can automatic download and install this update or go to Chevereto/Chevereto-Free to proceed to download the file."
  3. Selecting UPDATE NOW gives me the error, "Can't perform automatic update. This installation can't use the automatic update functionality because this server is missing some crucial elements to allow Chevereto to perform the automatic update.
    • Can't write into /chevereto/app/install/update/temp/ path
    • Need help or questions about this? Go to Chevereto support
  4. If I select the Chevereto/Chevereto-Freeoption (#2 above), I'm not sure if I should be using the "Free" version update since I purchased a network license.
    User ID81008
    Date2018-11-11 22:40:54 (UTC)
    PurchaseNetwork license
    Amount paid
😢Unexpected result

As indicated in #4 above, I can't tell if the Chevereto "Free" update applies to me or not. The update notification appears to be for v1.1.4, but I thought Chevereto was up to version 3 or higher...

📃Error log message

[Provide any relevant error log entry. You may check our documentation for help on this]

Last edited:
Chevereto != Chevereto-Free and https://www.frerking.net/chevereto/ runs Chevereto-Free.

When you update Chevereto, it updates to the edition that you are using. You are getting a notification because you are running Chevereto-Free 1.1.0 and the latest available release for it is 1.1.4.

Selecting UPDATE NOW gives me the error, "Can't perform automatic update. This installation can't use the automatic update functionality because this server is missing some crucial elements to allow Chevereto to perform the automatic update.
  • Can't write into /chevereto/app/install/update/temp/ path
  • Need help or questions about this? Go to Chevereto support
The message is literally telling you that it can't self update because lacks of permission access on the alleged path. You either fix the permission mask of the process + file system or you proceed with the manual update procedure. Since you are getting a permissions issue, you won't be able to self-upgrade to paid edition either. It must be done manually (unless, you fix the permissions).

Chevereto != Chevereto-Free and https://www.frerking.net/chevereto/ runs Chevereto-Free.

When you update Chevereto, it updates to the edition that you are using. You are getting a notification because you are running Chevereto-Free 1.1.0 and the latest available release for it is 1.1.4.

Would this mean that even though I did pay for a license, I am actually running the "free version?" If I am correct, which version did I pay for and where would I find the manual download?

"...since you are getting a permissions issue, you won't be able to self-upgrade to paid edition either. It must be done manually (unless, you fix the permissions)."

In this case, would I simply do a "manual upgrade" of my free version to the paid version, or should I do a complete re-install?

Thank you for your time...
Jim

You don't need to re-install, just upgrade to the paid edition.

I can do the process for you if you prefer that way, if so, send me server access to REDACTED with a link to this topic and the server access credentials. I will also need an admin account for your website.

Thank you for being discrete in offering to help rather than thinking "what a non-techie!" I'm guessing you're confirming that I've been using the "free" version for the past couple of years even after paying for the full version? Nevertheless, I would certainly appreciate the help. Sending you the requested information seperately....

Unfortunately, this ticket has more than seven days without a reply or feedback from the original poster. We will now consider this ticket abandoned and its now closed.

Don't hesitate to create a new ticket if this matter is still causing you issues.

Ticket closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back