• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Can't perform automatic update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldin

Chevereto Noob
🎯Description of the issue

I'm getting an error when trying to update via the Dashboard.

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps
  1. Go to Dashboard
  2. Click Update Now
😢Unexpected result

I'm getting the following prompt.

This installation can't use the automatic update functionality because this server is missing some crucial elements to allow Chevereto to perform the automatic update:
  • Can't write into /app/install/update/temp/ path

📃Error log message

N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
either you got a premissions problem on path temp, try chmoding it to 777 instead of 755. If error remains then it could be that temp directory at servers /tmp is 755 instead of 777. Which means then your account fails to copy the temporary data off /tmp folder to move it over to your temp before it applies to your script.

Please take a minute to read the system requirements where you will notice that the filesystem requires certain permissions to be set: https://chevereto.com/docs/requirements

P.D. When posting issues, please make sure to fill the template properly.
is his copy even legit? since he claims hes using 1.0.8, but i'm seeing 3.x on his domain?? also he does not have licensed member tag on his account as well. It smells fishy and i think his copy is pirated/nulled, you might want to check into this more @rodolfo just incase.

Update: Nvm, forgot about the free version that looks like the 3.x paid version does.

Last edited:
Well, for the record...

To update via dashboard, php needs full permissions to edit/delete files in your website filesystem. In your case the system is telling you "hey, I can't touch this file".

You can also use git to get the lastest release and the system will auto detect the thing. If you can't run git or you don't know how to use it, you can always download and manually upload using FTP. The release can be obtained at releases, then simply check under "assets".

1536956916140.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back