• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

"Can't find default language file"

Status
Not open for further replies.

einschtein

Chevereto Member
I am getting the: "Can't find default language file. Please check your lang in the config.php file" error on my website. This used to only happen on the admin-side, but now after I upgraded to the latest version I get it on the mainpage now too.

What might be causing? The default language is 'nl' en auto-language is disabled.

I do have a theory, which is my setting with the $config['root_dir'], I had it to 'auto' but I got that error. Now I turned it to '/domains/ushare.nl/public_html/' (which I hope is correct.. No idea how to find out.). So I might have that setting not correct.

Okay, I found to root-dir. ("/home/ushare/domains/ushare.nl/public_html")

When trying to help, can one of you explain what the thoughts are behind the $config['relative_dir']? And what I need to fill in there?

Your real root path isn't that. I've found earlier (regarding to the other issue) that your server is not doing so well the path declarations. The most serious problem is that it tells the system (apache) that your root dir is /something/dir/web and the subfolder is being used on other declarations (I believe that it was document root so the system was telling something like http://ushare.einschtein.nl/web was the actual website).

When this happens, you have to manually enter the $config values regarding the paths. $config['root_dir'] should be the absolute path where Chevereto is installed, something like /home/user/public_html/chevereto/. $config['relative_dir'] is the relative dir to the public directoty where the script is installed. If your public path is /home/user/public_html/ and the script is installed on /home/user/public_html/chevereto then your relative dir is /chevereto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back