• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Can't connect to Google Storage Bucket

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymzyates

Chevereto Member
I've double checked the service account, ensured the API's are enabled (cloud Storage and Cloud Storage JSON) and checked the private JSON formatted key over and over. Still get request denied. Any way to debug?

Check the server_error log, it should contain the Google storage class exceptions.

I meant the PHP error log which is a system log where scripts can write error messages.

It ended up being a problem with line breaks in the private key due to the editor i was using. Now that I have the storage connected and active, will it reflect images/folders I have already uploaded to the storage? My goal is to move several thousand images in several hundred folders over (i'm attempting to migrate from an old gallery 3 install).

No, all the previous uploaded images won't be moved to the new storage. If you want to do that you will need to manually do that (moving from your server to Google cloud and then update the chv_images table).

Chevereto doesn't sync or transfer files between storages if that is what you are asking.

No. I don't want to use local storage at all. Just wondering if existing photos already uploaded to my Google storage bucket (through the Google storage browser) will be available to Chevereto. See screenshot. The folder 2015 was created by Chevereto when I uploaded a photo through Chevereto. This works fine. The folder Corporate was uploaded directly to the Google storage bucket via browser. This doesn't reflect in Chevereto. It sounds like maybe the answer is that this is not possible.

http://screencast.com/t/qXqy9Eb7xpyN

Sorry for the confusion.

No. I don't want to use local storage at all. Just wondering if existing photos already uploaded to my Google storage bucket (through the Google storage browser) will be available to Chevereto. See screenshot. The folder 2015 was created by Chevereto when I uploaded a photo through Chevereto. This works fine. The folder Corporate was uploaded directly to the Google storage bucket via browser. This doesn't reflect in Chevereto. It sounds like maybe the answer is that this is not possible.

Sorry for the confusion.
I'm not sure if there is am import tool available, but by default Chevereto only knows about the images uploaded either via the frontend of the API - it stores everything in the DB and doesn't really "care" about the file system.

Thanks. I was trying to use it to move several folders (albums) into Chevereto. Guess I will go about it manually. Thanks again.

Sorry for the confusion.

Chevereto won't add those files already stored in your bucket to the images table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back