• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Cannot upload image [HTTP Error]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuppy

Chevereto Member
Hello, why I cannot upload image if the file bigger than 200kb. I am trying to upload 300kb image and it said HTTP Error.

I already checking with my hosting provider and the max upload file is 2MB. They tyring to increase all setting such as max_execution_time and etc, but still cannot upload the image bigger than 300kb. You can see the server setting in the attached picture below.

Can you tell me what is the problem?

This is my site's link : http://image.maklumat.my

Thanks.

Server.PNG

It could be a limitation over your current user. If you set 2MB in Chevereto and it doesn't shout a error is because the value in php.ini is correct. Problem is, like I said that your hosting provider is limiting this someway. It could be a max post size, execution time, a process watch, etc. Try to send a ticket to them telling that you can't upload files bigger than that and that you don't why the server is doing that (it shouldn't do that).

First of all, I need to test in a plain installation. Please make a clean installation on a test folder.

So now, I got a backup, and I want to make a clean installation without losing the image that my author uploaded. How to do that? After clean install the new version of Chevereto, what I need to do?

I mean I need a clean test installation to test if this is a server issue, a bug, etc. Later we will take the next step.

Yes I know that, but I mean, my version is 2.0.18, and the latest 1 is 2.2.2 right? So I need to make a clean installation for the latest version?

Yes. First I have to test if everything is ok with the last release then once is all ok we can proceed with the upgrade, only when we are sure that it works 100% OK.

The things that make me cannot upgrade is, my server is only can use with the current version (2.0.18), not 2.2.2 version. You can see the picture that I attach here. That's why I don't want to upgrade. I think I want to use the 2.0.18 version for the moment and not decide to upgrade yet :(Capture2.PNG

I see. Problem is that there is no backward support for old releases. If your server doesn't have PDO you should get a server with that. Try to contact the users who offer Chevereto hosting, the offers are pretty nice.

I think I will not find other server as I don't have much budget for the new server. Then now I have to throw away this script instead of using it?

You can use it, in fact you can use any release you want. What I'm telling you is that the tech support is only available for the last releases because that releases includes the fixes that you need, that is the point of selling this with a lifetime license, you can always use the last one and get all the new features and fixes for free.

Also, when just one person has a particular issue is 99% likely a server issue and the tech support doesn't cover that. But even so I take the time to tell to every customer where is the failure, just to know common issues and try to make a more reliable script test on that missing things. I know, by all the info posted, that this is a server issue.

Try to read the common pitfalls on PHP file uploads. People always forget that they need to increase the max file size, or the execution time.

This is the php config of the demo site, hope it helps.

Okay now my server provider already compiled PDO and PDO_MySQL for free ;)

So I will clean install it tonight, and I will asking you for help about upgrade without losing old image in version 2.0.18

Okay I already setup in the test folder. And my server does not have any issue for the upload problem that I mention before. The problem before is when I tried to upload image file 200kb and above, it will tell me http error, and if I want to upload 1.1 MB image, it said IO error. This is the link for the test folder : http://image.maklumat.my/test

Now all the problems gone. And how to upgrade from previous version (2.0.18) to 2.2.2 without losing any image that I uploaded before?

Upload the new script files and don't replace the images folder. You will also need to merge your old config values in the new config.php file.
Once you are done with that, upload the update.php script and run it from mysite.com/update.php

How to merge it? I mean, I am using FileZilla software to upload the files, and when it found duplicate file, it will ask to overwrite and etc. Sorry for many asking because I don't want to make a mistake and need to be carefull.

The new version has a more config values than the older. You need to open the new config.php file and fill it with the old config values that are preserved and set the new ones. Once is ready, it will be like set up the config file from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back