• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Cannot Update ""Could not open input file: app/upgrading.php""

Version
Website URL
https://sys.beyondmarvel.xyz/
PHP version
Database driver
MySQL
Database version
8.0.36-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
Web browser
Chrome

user_edcce

Chevereto Member
*️⃣ Must open one ticket per issue. If you are experiencing multiple issues don't hesitate to create multiple tickets for each issue.

▶ Reproduction steps
  1. Backend notifies me of update.
  2. Attempt to follow directions contained within "update instructions" documentation.
  3. dashboard/?upgrade URL does nothing
  4. php app/upgrading.php renders error 'Could not open input file: app/upgrading.php
😢 Unexpected result

Could not open input file: app/upgrading.php
Cannot update. May be user error?

📃 Error log message

Could not open input file: app/upgrading.php

The system won't drop any existing database, it can't do that. It is not instructed to do that, at most it will miss the connection but it won't ever drop or truncate any existing database.

You have an issue elsewhere.

There is only Chevereto on this server, and the only command I ran was the one you instructed. I am not trying to be difficult. I may be reading more into the above message, but I feel like I am upsetting you.

Is there any advise you can offer to help me identify why the existing database is empty? It wasnt pre-update and I suspect its still there. I can backup, and rerun that command again but I am not sure where I slipped up.

I appreciate your time and if you need to ignore this for more pressing issues, please do, but as it stands, on a vanilla VPS, I cannot upgrade chevereto. I am running two licenses on plain Ubuntu servers with no other software present and experiencing issues with that upgrade link process on both.

I feel like I am upsetting you.
😅 People think that all the time and is just because they don't get pace. I'm like Mr. Wolf on Pulp Fiction, I just go fast.

In this context what I need to get clear to users is if this issue comes from Chevereto or elsewhere, the relevancy of such info is that if the issue comes from me I can help you right away. If not, at most I can share what could be happening but I don't like to go that far most of the cases.

The most often offender in these cases are missing the right table prefix, if you are lucky it will be just that.

I think my original database had no prefix or something to that effect, cause now I can see two sets of them in the database, one with and one without chv_ Im gonna go ahead and close this thread due to how many other bugs Ive caused in this process (including a new PHP 8.1 vs 8.2 errror) and get back to you if I re-encounter the issue. Im going to leave the other server on the version it sits at until Im able to execute this on my test server where users arent present. Thank you. Sorry for being over sensitive. I get pace though, I work at a MSP helpdesk.

Back