• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Cannot login after migration from V3-20 to V4-0-9

Version
Website URL
https://service.schultz.ch/gallery/
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
Web browser
firefox

schultz-it-solutions

Chevereto Member
I finally got the upgrade to (partially) work on my environment. Here is what I did:
1) delete "app/vendor" from my 3.20.20 installation (in the subdirectory "/gallery" of the domain)
2) upload all V4.0.9 files to that subdirectory
3) adapted the env.php file (including the 'CHEVERETO_HOSTNAME_PATH' )
4) (as the instance is running on a windows server, I have to manipulate slashes):
4.a) in "app/src/Legacy/functions.php" ADD: use function Chevereto\Legacy\G\forward_slash;
4.b) in "app/src/Legacy/functions.php" MODIFY: define('PATH_PUBLIC', forward_slash(dirname(DIR, 3) ) . '/');
5) activated $debug = true;

As I could not login, i eventually got the CLI to make the database update, and got a response back: "[OK] Chevereto database has been updated",
indicating to me that this succeeded.

Problem one:
Now the homepage is "all white", although the content is actually there (just white text on white background), the links to login can be activated. And those pages do render correct with background image and all.
Any idea what this is about?

Problem two:
I cannot login with the admin user, no matter what I try. I found similar descriptions in the forum, but no helpful solution so far.
Is there any (database driven) procedure to set a new password for the admin user, or what else could be the reason?

Problem three:
in the "settings" database table, the "chevereto_version_installed" still shows 3.20.20 as installed (not sure this is an actual issue).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
kind regards
Ruediger

As per problem 1)
The reason for WHITE seems to be (as per my investigation) the "color palette BLANCO", which seems to be the default. But the actual problem is not the color palette, but an "opacity: 0;" definition in

.../content/legacy/themes/Peafowl/style.min.css

.js body.landing {
overflow: hidden;
opacity: 0;
}

If I deactivate this rule, the homepage of course renders correctly.
I am not sure why this "opacity: 0" exists.

kind regards
Ruediger

I am not sure why this "opacity: 0" exists.
I made a fancy effect so the thing loads """""better""""". Anytime when using HTTP based services you will have cache issues, on your provider and machine. Try to always flush these before exploring anything else.

Server cache is also a thing, some providers setup PHP to be very aggressive on cache meaning that even if you update the application filesystem the thing keeps loading from memory.

Now, regarding the login issue that most of the time is sessions related. Sometimes the /tmp used won't persist sessions, I've seen that a lot in Plesk I don't know why that thing always mess with permissions. To check if that's the issue configure another session save path, create a folder like "sessions-tests" on / and check if works. If it does, go to your provider and tell them to fix the temp dir. NOTE: Do not keep that sessions-tests folder, is just for a test.

Back