• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Can upload only 5 images at the time

djukajlo

Chevereto Member
Website URL
<private>

Chevereto version

Description of the issue
Is there any way to upload 30 images at the time?

Dashboard > Settings > Image upload

Lookup for "upload threads".

You can set that value from 1 to 5. 30 won't work as expected and most likely it will make your server unresponsive so the system doesn't allow you to set values higher than that. In fact, I really doubt that your users will get any advantage from that because you need to handle lots of connections and if you're server is capped this won't work.

But anyway, if you want to try with 30 threads then you need to insert this value directly to chv_settings table.

Capped at 5, this ensures that your connection won't get struggled by few people uploading. Is not about storage or CPU, is merely a physical network limit.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Really, Can only upload 5 image at a time? The Demo are not say that and I can select lot of image for upload. But does not know that its only do 5 image upload.

Upload threads (actual file upload processes) aren't the same as upload queue (files that you want to upload). When you process a queue, the system uploads in lots (2, 3, 4 up to 5 files at the same time) but that doesn't means that the queue is capped to 5, it means that the system will process 5 images at the same time and it will repeat this process until the queue job is completed.

Chevereto doesn't limit how many images you can put on queue and that's limited by your local system and if you can put 100, 700 or whatever depends on your local machine capabilities. Thing that we are talking about here is how many images are uploaded at the same time which is called threads (upload threads).

me to :)
just tell me where to find chv_settings table and
did you try to do that before

Thank You

Run this MySQL query:
Code:
UPDATE chv_settings SET setting_value = 30 WHERE setting_name = 'upload_threads';

Most likely you have phpMyAdmin so it won't be hard to do it.

Beware: Simultaneous upload process is capped to 5 threads as a safe-risk-free value. Higher values could compromise your server reliability, it could crash your database, it could mess your drive, etc. It could also run out of resources so beware of that.

400 threads at the same time? That's 400 requests from your web browser to that server happening at the same time. I don't see it feasible.

I think that you still don't understand what we are talking about here. We are talking about simultaneous requests, not queue processing.

well....you can easily go to that site and put 700 images to upload at the same time.... you need just a minute for that. and maybe you can see how that working behind.... He call that HTML5 uploader

When you upload images using any image hosting service each image opens a new upload process in the background. So if you want to upload 100/200/7000000 images it doesn't matter, the system will always call the upload process for the total number of images in queue.

To avoid large queue processing times, Chevereto allows you to set up to 5 simultaneous upload jobs (threads) this means that it will take you 5X less time than just one single upload thread at the same time. This limit needs to be manually tweaked because each server is different and allow 5 threads at the same time is actually a lot of work for your server because we are talking about stuff that is being uploaded in parallel, not sequence.

:( well.... fu.k On img.yt I upload 400 images at once....
Check this:

upload_2017-7-3_18-39-55.png

That's sequential upload of 80 images. 80 images will be uploaded, one at time. You can check that by looking at the pending request.

This is Chevereto uploading 4 images in parallel. 80 images will be uploaded, 4 at the time. Again, pay attention to the pending json request:

upload_2017-7-3_18-44-8.png

As you may see, Chevereto should take 4X less time to do the same job because at any given point of the upload process is uploading 4 images at the same time, not one like the service you mentioned earlier.

Hope that this time is clear enough. We are talking about how many files are being uploaded at the same time (jobs) not how many images you can put in a queue.

Back