• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Can This Handle 2 Million Photos?

john sherdy

Chevereto Member
1. Can This Handle 2 Million Photos, if not roughly whats the maximum amount of image it can handle? I will be running the website on dedicated server.

2. Any way to increase the amount of images i can upload at a time through the uploader?

1. Can This Handle 2 Million Photos, if not roughly whats the maximum amount of image it can handle? I will be running the website on dedicated server.
Last time I had to fix one of the largest Chevereto based websites it was holding more than 2M images so that tells everybody that it can be achieved.

Is not that much the software which limits you here, but the machine or server architecture that you put into it. A dedicated machine doesn't tell you anything, only that is a real machine, not a virtual thing. I've seen some VPS servers working way better than some dedicated machines.

A dedicated server ensures that you will have the computing power to process a certain amount of load on an everyday basis, but that's all. You will want to leverage network by using CDN + external storage so the static requests won't struggle your main machine. 2M images will surely eat lots of traffic and network.

2. Any way to increase the amount of images i can upload at a time through the uploader?
If you mean parallel uploads then yes, Chevereto allows you configure how many images will be uploaded at the same time from the same peer. The setting is referred as "Upload threads" and is capped to 5 because is a safe value, if you increase that number you could be exposed to DDoS. You can inject a higher value directly in the database.

Last time I had to fix one of the largest Chevereto based websites it was holding more than 2M images so that tells everybody that it can be achieved.

Is not that much the software which limits you here, but the machine or server architecture that you put into it. A dedicated machine doesn't tell you anything, only that is a real machine, not a virtual thing. I've seen some VPS servers working way better than some dedicated machines.

A dedicated server ensures that you will have the computing power to process a certain amount of load on an everyday basis, but that's all. You will want to leverage network by using CDN + external storage so the static requests won't struggle your main machine. 2M images will surely eat lots of traffic and network.

If you mean parallel uploads then yes, Chevereto allows you configure how many images will be uploaded at the same time from the same peer. The setting is referred as "Upload threads" and is capped to 5 because is a safe value, if you increase that number you could be exposed to DDoS. You can inject a higher value directly in the database.

Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply, I would like to customize this theme to better suit my needs. And I am willing to pay for these changes, whats the best way to contact you about these?

You don't, I don't do custom work for Chevereto. All my time is on the development of the script.

You don't, I don't do custom work for Chevereto. All my time is on the development of the script.

Alright, I have few more questions

1. is there anything I need to change or a certain way I need to setup the theme to ensure i don't run into issues once I hit over a million photos?
2. It mentions that I you can add unlimited amount of categories to the website, I plan on adding over 10k categories.
3. Custom work, can you recommend someone ?

1. is there anything I need to change or a certain way I need to setup the theme to ensure i don't run into issues once I hit over a million photos?
No.

2. It mentions that I you can add unlimited amount of categories to the website, I plan on adding over 10k categories.
Categories are unlimited, but the system won't handle 10K categories properly (category selection, menu, etc).

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

I just got 550,000. I know it's not 2 million. But I wanted to share I've experienced zero server slowness due to the larger size.

Back