• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Can chevereto provide raw format image upload?

jiangmeichao

Chevereto Member
My chevereto is very popular among photography enthusiasts. Recently, many photography enthusiasts have asked whether my website can support raw format image upload? But currently chevereto only supports JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, WEBP, not RAW format

purely out of interest:
whats the use case for RAW file upload?

RAWs are basicly a bitstream that needs to be interpreted by some kind of algorithm to make any meaning of it. Applying a generic algorithm wont honor the possibilitys of real RAW development.
If you want to share RAW files for further modification you should look for a file hosting service instead an online gallery.

Problem of RAW is the file size, which not only means more traffic but also more machine required for image transformations required. It wasn't supported as it isn't a "web friendly" format.

But I don't know the current RAW adoption neither user case.

supports JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, WEBP
Note that BMP is converted to PNG.

Problem of RAW is the file size, which not only means more traffic but also more machine required for image transformations required. It wasn't supported as it isn't a "web friendly" format.

But I don't know the current RAW adoption neither user case.

Note that BMP is converted to PNG.
OK, I see. Thank you.

purely out of interest:
whats the use case for RAW file upload?

RAWs are basicly a bitstream that needs to be interpreted by some kind of algorithm to make any meaning of it. Applying a generic algorithm wont honor the possibilitys of real RAW development.
If you want to share RAW files for further modification you should look for a file hosting service instead an online gallery.
OK, thank you!

Back