• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Can Chevereto Be Used to Create a One-User Unsplash Clone?

DLKR

Chevereto Noob
I’m looking to create a site like Unsplash, but just for myself (one user).

Like Unsplash, I want to free hi-res downloads to site visitors:
* No user registration required to download
* Once download has started, it gives some copy-able text and suggests they give the source credit.

Is this possible?

On your Features page, it says, "Configurable on/off for downloading original image"
Would this be part of what I'm looking for?

If possible means feasible then the answer is yes, but it won't be a turnkey process. I suggest you to try our Open Source edition to see if it fits your needs https://github.com/Chevereto/Chevereto-Free

On your Features page, it says, "Configurable on/off for downloading original image"
Would this be part of what I'm looking for?
You can only configure if the button is displayed. You can't configure anything else.

Ah, I lack the tech skills to set it up or customize it. What I'm looking for is an easy-to-use SaaS. For example, I use Ghost Pro and just had to sign up. It works well for my blog but isn't suitable to use as a portfolio site. Perhaps I could check out your hosted options.

Is there a directory of sites powered by Chevereto where I can see what is possible? I looked at your demo, but it seems like an empty shell. I'd like to see what an active site looks like and several different approaches to using Chevereto.

I was attracted to Cheverato because it seemed like a Flickr clone. One feature of Flickr I need is allowing people to download the original hi-res photo without any need to log in. I want to give away my photos for free as some people do on Flickr and Unsplash.

One thing Flickr is missing, however, is the prompt after image download commences to give the photographer credit which Unsplash, Pexels, and Pixabay do offer along with a one-click copy to clipboard.

The software does what you already saw and at this time it doesn't support extensive modifications. I'm working to get there but the development is still ongoing and there's no idea of a release date yet.

I think that Chevereto is not an option for you, at least not at this time.

There are some other solutions out there DLKR that will allow you to do the same for the time being until such time Chevereto is ready for you as Rodolfo stated.

Cheers. I'm grateful for any suggestions. I want to support the open source movement and want to get away from the centralized control of Flickr, Unsplash, etc.

Is great that you want to support my work, the best that you can do is to try it and let us now if you find something should be fixed or improved. The thing that we most need is just more people using the software and tell others about it.

I created Chevereto because I believe that everyone should self-host its own content and make it personal, unique.

Glad you have find Chevereto and I hope that it can suit some (for now) of your needs.

Back