• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Bulk upload of content & description of image

foto

Chevereto Member
Hello,
First time poster and wanna-be buyer.

Is there any way to upload large quantities of images? I have several thousand sitting in directories organized by album name (those directories are named after the album theme).

For example:

photos\Whistler gondola summer 2012\2012-whistler-1.jpg
photos\Whistler gondola summer 2012\2012-whistler-2.jpg

The only way to add a description is to post it to facebook etc which does not keep the photo description on the server?

Also the albums will be a great feature.

Thanks

1. In any system upload several thousand must be done with custom made scripts in the server side.
2. Those functions are on the roadmap, no release date so far.

Thanks for the reply, great to hear #2 is in the roadmap

There are a few scripts with this zip/bulk upload already incorporated, image-host-script.com/ , zenphoto, so thought it may be in the pipeline

I know that is a must have, perhaps we can see that bulk uploader on 3.X

Admin but having users be able to upload a zip file would be time saver for users moving their larger galleries

I understand. Do a bulk zip uploader is not that hard if you only populate this zip with images. Problem comes on how you will parse the image descriptions, perhaps a XML or a plain text file.. I will have to think about it.
And a pitfall will be that usually a zip for this will be pretty big so the HTTP uploader is out of the question for now. But if you manage to upload this zip to a folder, include the XML or anything with the relations... Yeah, I think that it could be done. Sadly I've no date so far for this release so it can be "mapped" after 3.0

Back