• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Building my own viewer, but like merge it with the current one.

Deffe

Chevereto Member
Hi

Im at the moment making my own viewer for the pictures.
What I like to do is to use the current view.php and continue the development of that one in a sepperate file.

But for doing so I will have to initiate the needed variables, for example initiate objects with what image and everything there is.

In short I copied the code in view.php, and then I tried to just get the picture to show. Sadly I failed, did not put many hours on it but instead I just wounder if there is something I need to do to initiate the object that all the functions fetches its information from.

for example:
show_short_url
and all other functions. Can I initiate the needed values in an easy way?

In the actual 2.3.1 system... Nope. That's why I've improved this system for 2.4 and now you will be able to call any image value with shorthand functions and also, use the Chevereto loop to, using this very same shorthand functions, handle the whole uploaded images array.

I suggest you to wait for 2.4, it will be released most likely this weekend.

I have customized alot, will I be able to merge my own version with the 2.4?

Do you use any sort of repository, perhaps git so that I can merge ?

I'm sure you will able to merge it. No repo in this project.

Back