• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Bug ? fatal error from time to time

Status
Not open for further replies.

knova15

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi

Got this error msg from time to time : (over 200 lines for about 10minutes)

[05-Feb-2015 10:25:34 UTC] exception 'G\DBException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [1040] Too many connections' in /home/XXXX/public_html/xxxx.com/lib/G/classes/class.db.php:107
Stack trace:
#0 /home/XXXX/public_html/xxxx.com/lib/G/classes/class.db.php(118): G\DB->__construct()
#1 /home/XXXX/public_html/xxxx.com/app/loader.php(42): G\DB::getInstance()
#2 /home/XXXX/public_html/xxxx.com/index.php(20): include_once('/home/XXXX/...')
#3 {main}

What could it be ? is it my host or chevereto ?

Thanks

It's your server. You're maxing out the max connections allowed by your server/MySQL. Are you on a shared host?

yes BUT its a reseller account so this is the only page on /account.

What should i ask from them ?

thx

Doesn't matter, your server cannot handle the connections. Ask your server admins to increase the max allowed connections.

ok will do thnks for the help. its only till i can get something better....digitalocean VPS would be a good for main page but im unable to set it up :/ then i can just use the space for FTP from the shared host(40+ Gb)

DigitalOcean VPS are good for testing and for low level production websites. You can't compare it to other VPS offers.

What size VPS would you recomend for a small site (about 20-100 active users a day to start with)

untill i have the 3.7 part of the engine im ok on shared anyway :) but strange is that i got cloudflare on and it isnt creating a live page while offline too (not just the sql error)

Is not that easy and you have to see it as a whole (PHP + Direct traffic + DB) and for an image hosting website there are a lot or resources being used by direct traffic linking your images. I run the demo in DO for 2 reasons: 1) Because is a basic setup that anyone can do (server) and 2) Because I don't allow hotlink.

Also there could be some kind of malicious traffic trying to collapse your website resources. That happens all the time, just few days ago I needed to block all Japan because a botnet was attacking my friend's website. Nothing wrong was with the server or anything, just that the server was not blocking the traffic because it didn't look that bad.

HI

So is this possible :

I should have a dedicated IP address but as it turns out my photo website is on the “other” shared ip address an my main website is on the normal I use only. (no other websites are hosted on the neighbourhood)

In theory if I got my chevereto site on the dedicated ip and get away from everyone else I should be “free” from shared trouble too. Rescources are still gona be an issue at some point but till I get X amount of usage there is no point for an upgrade. My nieche is in building a community for XY people so for the next half a year im free of this I guess :)

So now I got rid of almost every accounts I got on the server only got 4 left(cPanel) and ready to move to better host…..but I cant find any.

Any real life recommendations ? I got a £20 budget a month for the small host I can have my handful of sites at (2 portfolio sites-almost no traffic,1 directory daily 30-100 UV,and chevereto + test account )...later the photo site would have a proper place obviously :)

HI

So is this possible :

I should have a dedicated IP address but as it turns out my photo website is on the “other” shared ip address an my main website is on the normal I use only. (no other websites are hosted on the neighbourhood)

In theory if I got my chevereto site on the dedicated ip and get away from everyone else I should be “free” from shared trouble too. Rescources are still gona be an issue at some point but till I get X amount of usage there is no point for an upgrade. My nieche is in building a community for XY people so for the next half a year im free of this I guess :)

So now I got rid of almost every accounts I got on the server only got 4 left(cPanel) and ready to move to better host…..but I cant find any.

Any real life recommendations ? I got a £20 budget a month for the small host I can have my handful of sites at (2 portfolio sites-almost no traffic,1 directory daily 30-100 UV,and chevereto + test account )...later the photo site would have a proper place obviously :)

It all depends on how you can prevent stuff going on and how good/bad is the server setup. Some guys runs VPS with the basic config and the website collapses just because the concurrents are too low in the VPS settings and stuff like that. A VPS is not the same as a dedicated but they are more robust than shared that's for sure. As a general recomendation try to use a CDN for the static traffic because that helps a lot if your website is big. If you can't or you don't want to put a CDN try to distribute your storage among several servers so you can have 2, or maybe 4 different servers distributing the files and that will help a lot. A smart thing to do should be use SFTP + CloudFlare on all of them to start with, or maybe a real CDN.

That is something i had in mind. A VPS for the "brain" and use my other accounts to add FTP+cloudflare on them.

just looking at a few providers like VPS.net, Namecheap or a price range higher inmotionhosting . com ? or siteground for shared hosting for now till i can start the website up....(bigest package) i mean i dont have tons of users at the moment but if 2-3 users are active and some more viewing its */cked.....its a joke really :/

ai arvixe and good ?

gone with Siteground coz i got a few WP sites too.....will report back in a week about performance etc. but to be honest their in house caching and proper payment system (no 1month spam accounts) already will make my life easier...and all for half the price :) only paid £77 for the middle shared package for a year and if the site goes up in traffic will upgrade right away to the bigger option(27£/m business VPS)

curious about the stats now but i need to wait till all my cPanel account get migrated properly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back