• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Browse Remote Storage

Barry

💖 Chevereto Fan
So I finally got around to trying the remote storage with a secondary SFTP server as bulk storage. Perhaps I am missing something basic here.

Images upload and transfer to SFTP without issue. However, if I look at the path that image is served from I can then use that base URL to browse to ALL the images on that remote server...

Here is the flow.

Image is uploaded to clubwallpapers.com then transferred to storage.clubwallpapers.com

I browse said image at
http://storage.clubwallpapers.com/2016/10/23/MassiveHDWallpapaerDump1080p_122-dNzxHhi.md.jpg

From there, I can deduce that images are served from
http://storage.clubwallpapers.com/2016/10/23/

If I hit that URL, I can see all images (that were uploaded today). How do I stop people from browsing this page?

Chevereto doesn't touch that server at all regarding in how it serve those files. You only need to disallow those listings depending if you are using Apache or Nginx.

It is a somethings very simple, in Apache is an .htaccess file with the the following:
Code:
Options -Indexes

In Nginx is the following directive:
Code:
location / {
    autoindex off;
}

Last edited:
Go to the root folder and create a file called .htaccess and add Options -Indexes
Thanks - created an .htaccess file at the root of the webserver and added Options -Indexes.

I can still browse the contents.

I can still browse the contents.

When that happens is usually because:

1. The virtualhost directive is either overriding or ignoring your .htaccess directives
2. Your .htaccess file has wrong permission mask or it isn't a valid .htaccess file

In some cases that directive could be in conflict with some cPanel indexing rules. Anyway, this is something that you should check with your hosting company. Like I said, is a totally common thing and maybe they just need an additional or even a different process to achieve it.

Back