• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Branding Concern / Suggestion

akchev

Chevereto Member
Hi @Rodolfo ,

1. I am curious if the Chevereto + Version # in the "Metatag Generator" that echo's out into the source code can be replaced with Site Name + Version # instead.
  2. Also, can chevereto.min.js be replaced with something generic such as system.min.js?
I have included an image of what I am trying to accomplish saying.

Also, for some reason when I googled "chevereto.min.js" a lot of sites powered by Chevereto popped up. Not sure if it is a lack of security some users have impemented on their servers; but please investigate why that is.

Anyway, the reason I'd like #1 and #2 changed is strictly for branding purposes. If my site becomes popular i would like the public to figure out what script I am using on their own -- just like how I did (after 3 years of trying a ton of them) -- I hope I made sense =)

Please let me know if we can make this happen organically with upcoming updates so that no overrides are needed etc. Thank you sir.

Attachments

• link.jpg
    link.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 17
Also, the "Powered by Chevereto" (footer.php) if that could automatically be "Powered by Site Name" instead.

*Noticed when i updated to 3.6.9 it switched it back to Powered by Chevereto on its own.

Simply edit it out or modify it how you need it. It's not difficult to remove and it's likely there for other reasons as it's not public facing.

This provides two benefits. One, if people like the software they can check your source and find it. Two, meta data can have other benefits for index, and statistics.

Also, for some reason when I googled "chevereto.min.js" a lot of sites powered by Chevereto popped up. Not sure if it is a lack of security some users have impemented on their servers; but please investigate why that is..

How do you find this a security issue? .js files are public facing scripts. They can be read and indexed. It's hardly an issue.

You're wanting a completely white label solution, but it's not that hard to create it on your own. Chevereto comes as a one size fits all... Simply take the 30 seconds it takes to modify your own. I spend time having to update my themes each version update, won't take you long to just change a few file names and fix routing.

Wordpress does similar with everything be wp-admin/content

A full brand free alternative is not on my scope but if you want to edit the theme and everything else go ahead.

Back