• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Beta testers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm adding support for live editors (like XenForo modal editor), don't freak out if I break the JS.

Done, XF modal editor works flawlessly! This function now allows me to add this to Discourse and NodeBB.

All I need is a quick way to insert it and I can create the actions myself. If you can create an action or id/inline style tutorial it can be instantly fixed on IF or ProBoards. You call them prehistoric, but, remember, they make up 90% of all the forums on the internet. It is a huge market. People who use image hosts, often cannot afford their own server space, thus, this would be popular.

The quick replies work flawlessly. All I need is just a tutorial and I can create the plugins myself for IPB 1.3 (which is the most popular version of IPB). It can be something as simple as adding inline="chevertoinserthere" for the textarea and the actions can look for it. Almost every software listed including IPB 1.3 and ProBoards allows raw HTML template editing :)

Also be sure to consider Tapatalk. :) Tapatalk bought out almost every major forum software host recently and is planning to force them all to use their software.

Thanks man! Great work!

Edit: It looks like ProBoards is at around 3 billion posts now, and 60 million users, and 4 million forums from latest estimates.

Edit: Your XenForo update actually made IPB 1.3 work! :D YAY

Well, Proboards... Again.. So, here it goes: Proboards editor sucks. Like I mentioned earlier, I will work on that only if it gets heavily demanded and that means different people asking for it, not you posting over and over. If is so popular then you shouldn't even bother in ask for it because others will do.

Your stats are not even close to the real number. Check wikipedia, they dropped from 3M to 1.2M and you have to add the "fake number factor" on top of that. That drop was on 2013, imagine how bad is in 2017.

upload_2017-9-10_5-30-29.png

It'd come in it's due course. I'm just glad InvisionFree is working and Jcink. This is a valuable step up for me. ProBoards is the next major group for me, so sorry that I keep pushing it. But, it seems like you will have strong customization options so I can easily just create a plugin on ProBoards and inject the code myself. Yeah, their editor sucks and it pisses most people off. Nonetheless, ProBoards remains one of my top supporters. Their staff are amazingly helpful with expansions. So once it's out I'll ask them for help to inject it.

Thanks!

@Rodolfo is it possible to choose which BBCode or link gets pasted? I would prefer to have the linked BBCode added,so we can at least get a linkback from the forums if the images get clicked.

@Rodolfo is it possible to choose which BBCode or link gets pasted? I would prefer to have the linked BBCode added,so we can at least get a linkback from the forums if the images get clicked.
Like I've said thousands of times already, you can configure everything.

Would help with this testing (said I would) but currently on holiday this week and next so one for when I get back ;)

Like what I'm reading so far though :)

I've updated the plugin to avoid an endless loop on load, now the thing detects when it should stop/start observing things no matter if you load it "onDemand" or not, if you have some observers, etc. Please keep testing and don't hesitate to report any bug.

Please note that I've changed the namespace. The updated insertion code is:
Code:
<script id="chevereto-pup-src" src="//demo.chevereto.com/sdk/pup.js" async></script>
(PUP stands for Popup Upload Plugin)

I've picked this name because I'm seeing a lot of interest in this feature and probably there is room for an embed upload plugin (EUP) so I'm reserving the name to don't have issues in the future.

Last edited:
Tested it out live. Works really well.

IPB 1.3.1 works flawlessly now! InvisionFree/Jcink make up a large part of forums. They have more forums on their services combined than any other supported software and you got them =D Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back