• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Beta testers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey,

v3.10.2 is almost ready and I need your help to test drive the new "Chevereto PUP" (Popup Upload Plugin) before it goes public. Since this feature could be used by any third-party website, lots of things could go wrong so I can't release anything without running a beta.

If you have a forum or a website where you want to test this thing, please keep reading and follow my instructions.

Adding the plugin to your website
https://demo.chevereto.com/plugin
Hope some can hook it up and tell me how it goes.

Thanks.

Got it working on the reply box for SMF but having trouble with the quick reply box. Does the code below look right?

Code:
        echo '
            <a id="quickreply"></a>
            <script id="chevereto-plugin-src" src="//demo.chevereto.com/mod.js" async></script>
            <div class="tborder" id="quickreplybox">

I didn't noticed that SMF had a quick reply editor. But the plugin needs to be included just once, maybe I need to add some coding there to make it worked with that since I wasn't aware of it.

It works on ProBoards quick reply flawlessly but not the actual reply page. Here's the actual reply page code from Google Developer: https://pastebin.com/PZqxzyTZ

IPB 1.x series is still wildly popular (InvisionFree) it works on the fast/quick reply very well. But, not on the actual reply page: https://pastebin.com/Ws7BniyX

ProBoards is the #1 forum software on the planet. There are more forums on ProBoards than everything on your list, combined. This is a huge win! Good job! Also InvisionFree (IPB 1.3) is the #2 forum software along with ZetaBoards, followed by Yuku.

Add this:
Code:
<script id="chevereto-plugin-src" src="//demo.chevereto.com/mod.js" async></script>

Done!! It works, ableit, you need to clear the cache, as phpbb3.2 caches the template. Also, the images button upload button does not show up on quick reply. It only shows up when you do POST REPLY for a full reply type.

Also, if you are in the middle of a POST REPLY, and you refresh the browser, the upload image button disappears.

I added it to the /styles/templates/templatename/overall_header.html just after "<head>"

Sorry for not mention this earlier, but I won't adapt this to outdated software. Also, it won't work as expected with custom addons. I mention this because I'm unable to locate the quickreply form in phpbb.

Got it working on the reply box for SMF but having trouble with the quick reply box. Does the code below look right?

Code:
        echo '
            <a id="quickreply"></a>
            <div class="tborder" id="quickreplybox">
SMF quickreply fixed. Make sure to re-cache (add ?something at the end of //demo.chevereto.com/mod.js)

I've fixed button styling for phpBB. Don't know why they have two different sets.

upload_2017-9-9_14-37-57.png

upload_2017-9-9_14-38-8.png

Anyway, the plugin now works for both sets.

Last edited:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProBoards They for a long time only allowed English only and pretty much barred other languages. Outside of the US/Canada/Western Europe they aren't very well known.

3,000,000 forums. 22 million users. They are Alexa rank 1,220. These are 2008 stats. They have about 2 billion posts.

About 40% of my traffic is from ProBoards.

Proboards will require some work and at this time I've delayed too long this already. Maybe in a future update I will consider adding support for Proboards, it will depend on user feedback. Same goes for IPB 1.X which is prehistoric, to be honest. Way too old.

Like I said, if I get traction for those platforms I will add those, otherwise it won't happen.

@Rodolfo. the quick reply is not a custom add on. It is the bottom part of the chat if you want to reply. That is the quick reply, but you can also do a full reply with more options. The full reply has the custom fonts, etc. but quick reply just type and go. image below of what I mean :)

Well, that needs a different workaround and add sort of a re-filter function when it detects that editor. I will skip that for now, I don't know why they have one editor for reply and a different one for quick reply. For me is just more trouble, amazing that they have that thing working that bad.

No worries. If the plugin is released, I'd rather disable quick reply hehe :)
I've already added an odd workaround for phpBB for their toolbar. I don't get that button/input toolbar, maybe is also a configurable setting? All that stuff make my job more complicated. Compare it to other systems (like Vanilla) which took me less than 5 minutes to implement.

upload_2017-9-9_16-54-37.png

More testing done with iphone and andriod phone with SMF and it's working great with all of them.

I've already added an odd workaround for phpBB for their toolbar. I don't get that button/input toolbar, maybe is also a configurable setting? All that stuff make my job more complicated. Compare it to other systems (like Vanilla) which took me less than 5 minutes to implement.

View attachment 1427

Awesome!! Wow you're quick bro. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back