• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Batch import does not seem to be effective. Is it not developed? Or is there something wrong with my operation?

user_f7981

Chevereto Member
Batch import does not seem to be effective. Is it not developed? Or is there something wrong with my operation?

[root@Chevereto ~]# sudo -u www php /www/wwwroot/ujvip.com/app/bin/legacy -C importing
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting '|' or variable (T_VARIABLE) in /www/wwwroot/ujvip.com/app/legacy/load/loader.php on line 45

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting '|' or variable (T_VARIABLE) in /www/wwwroot/ujvip.com/app/legacy/load/loader.php on line 45

🧐 Check if your server meets the server. Chevereto V4 requires PHP 8, if you get that error you aren't running PHP 8.

I'm really sorry that my English level is not good. I use translation software. Sometimes the problem I express may not be very clear. The php8 website used by my website is: www.ujvip.com. He is running. I am trying to run the import command. There is a hint like this. I am not sure which step is not correct.

I'm sorry you are experiencing some issues, check here for our support offering: https://chevereto.com/support

At this support layer (Community Help) the only thing that I can recommend you is to run updated software, your V4 is outdated.

Batch Import has worked out rather well for me. It is slower then one would expect, but that is intentional to not overwhelm your server. In the hard coded settings you can increase how well it works. I usually give an FTP account to my biggest uploaders who uploads 1000s of images a day (gif cataloggers). The FTP will import it as their albums, etc so they don't really have to worry about going through the interface.

TBH, Batch Import or FTP is not really required. I have seen people upload more than 100K images in a day through my web interface. Chevereto front end interface is much easier than FTP or Batch Import.

The speed of the batch importer depends on your system and use case. You can't expect a predictable speed, it uses the same database as the website so if your website is under a heavy load it will be slower because of shared resources.

If you want to load more priority on the importer you can try run it with more threads.

Back