• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Banned image hashes?

uploadadult

Chevereto Member
Hi!

So I know we can ban a user, close accounts, or could ban the IP of the user at the OS level.

My problem is that other individuals may want to upload the same copyrighted, illegal images over and over.

A way that this is dealt with in other user-uploaded sites is comparing the file content or more specifically the hash (md5 hash for example) against a known database of banned material.

Is this too much of a performance hit to implement?

This helps prevent reoccurring abuse over and over by the same content. Now granted they could just crop the image slightly and the md5 hash would be different....but trying to think of a way to prevent reoccurring abuse.

Thanks!

They only need to change one pixel to make the md5 totally different so in the practice use md5 to avoid the recurrent upload of this kind of content is not something that it will help you a lot. In the other hand you could ban all the IPs or even the IP range and that will surely do more for you.

IP bans is something that it will be added but banned hashes don't take that much my attention.

I will add this just to get rid of those Windows default images that gets uploaded everyday to the demo.

Back