• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

BAD: Meta Refresh code on site?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebturner

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I just opened an image hosting service using your script and started to submit the new website to various search engines. Several sites refused my website and sent a message like this:

We do not recommend using theMeta RefreshTag as this can confuse search engines as well as browsers. Use of the Meta Refresh is
spawn.gif
deprecated(To deprecate something is to condemn it as wrong!) and should not be used to redirect or auto-refresh pages. The Meta Refresh is not a standard and is discouraged by the
spawn.gif
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). An unexpected refresh like this raises concerns about a possible phishing attempt.

I found the code causing the problem:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=http://www.hostimageforfree.com/error-javascript">

I'm just wondering now how to go about fixing this problem. I surely want listed on Google, Bing, Yahoo and others. Being marked as a security risk or phishing site is not good!!

HELP!

I was not sure if that was an important function of the site for error handling or something. I hate making code changes to another persons code without knowing what I'm really changing. I would hate to disable a function or something by accident and then later have problems. If that does not serve any purpose then I'll delete it, but please confirm... thanks! :)

PS. Can't wait for version 3!!!! It looks great in the preview!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back