• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Auto-update permission issue while extracting zip

Version
4.0.11 Macanudo
Website URL
http://localhost
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
10.4.31-MariaDB
Web browser
Chrome

paffy

Chevereto Member
▶ Reproduction steps

Logged as admin in the panel to auto-update chevereto but I'm receiving this error :

Lock extracting process
Unlock extracting process
ZipArchive::extractTo(/home/sitedir/public_html/app/../index.php): Operation failed: Operation not permitted

I checked directories and privileges everything seems to be fine from my side, I even tried to change all folders to 777 but same error occurs, I'm not able to find what cause this issue.

even tried to change all folders to 777 but same error occurs, I'm not able to find what cause this issue.
Never, ever, under any circumstances or pretext use permissions mask 0777. It is a high security risk, in exchange of comfort you are jeopardizing your installation.

This happens because in Unix-like systems files and folders have owners and users. Usually when you FTP or anything like that the files will may change owner and you get this kind of conflict, because the unzipping process made by Chevereto upgrade run under the user who runs PHP in the system.

If the one-click upgrade fails, fix the ownership permissions and try again, or use the manual upgrade. That one never fails, by design.

Back