• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Auto update left my site blank. Next steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reserector

Chevereto Member
Got an email saying that an update is available. I clicked on the option to update from admin dashboard. Update was from 3.15 to 3.20
I clicked UPDATE and it was doing its thing. I checked back a few times and it was still going for hours. Finally, I checked the page and it was blank.

Since I cannot see my dashboard, what is my next move?
I have an old backup. Should I overwrite the files with the backed up files to get back to where I was, or will that create a bigger mess?

Can I try a manual update using filezilla? What is the process for doing that? (link?)

I looked at the error log in the Chevereto folders on my server. I'm not savvy with the lingo, so I'm lost as to what to do with that information. I have attached the errors from the day of the update.
If someone could point me in the right direction, I don't mind doing the work. I just don't want to guess and make things worse.

Attachments

• error_log.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 10
PHP 7.4 is required

You need to add FILEINFO

and IMAGEMAGICK libraries
Set to 7.4 now. (was 7.2)
How do I add those missing libraries? Are they part of the upgrade, or is that something I need on the server side?
Site is still down, but at least it's showing some jibberish that might give clues. http://photos.reserector.com/ So how do I proceed? Overewrite with my backup and start over manually? Reinstall the update files?
That leads me to another question; Why does the Read Me file not tell how to install/upgrade? It just says Chevereto.

Update. I had to revert back to PHP 7.2 because 7.4 messed up my forum sites. I will see if my hosting can set my sites individually. I may have to just run an older version of Chevereto.

Attachments

• README.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Running multiple versions of PHP on the same system will always get you trouble. Such thing as a system environment where you can safely run multiple PHP applications with multiple libraries is nowadays considered sub-standard, and it always breaks.

If you need to run multiple applications under the same system you should be using Docker.

My hosting provider got me fixed up. My Chevereto site is using PHP 7.4 while my forums are using 7.2 and all is working except my photo site. But at least the jibberish is showing up again. :) http://photos.reserector.com/

Here is what the hosting provider said:
Your subdomain name has been set up to use PHP 7.4. You can verify this information on http://photos.reserector.com/phpinfo.php

Once you have verified the information, you can remove the file from the root folder of the subdomain name (phpinfo.php)

This has been set up by adding the following code to your .htaccess file:

<FilesMatch "\.(php4|php5|php3|php2|php|phtml)$">
SetHandler application/x-httpd-alt-php74___lsphp
</FilesMatch>

This code can be used for any website and in order to chose the PHP version you simply need to edit the '74' to one of the available PHP version (56, 70, 72, 73, and 74)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back