• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Auto Deletion of Files if not accessed within certain time

tryimg

Chevereto Member
I think we should have a feature like Rapidshare to control the space. If there's a file that has not been accessed for a particular time period, it should be deleted. But I'm not sure how direct links would work for the images. Many people would be using direct links to post on their websites. Can that be tracked?

It can be known by the file access time but that will only work seamless for local storage. External storage will show some delays in this but nothing to worry about it.

I think it would be a great feature. I used to use your older v.2 before and my website grew to 38GB in size. Now I purchased your version 3 to organize the new uploads. I'm pretty sure there were a lot of images which were uploaded and were never accessed again. If this feature comes in place, the storage can be organized. May be I can set that if the image is not accessed for 6 months, it will delete from the server.

+1 for deleting unused images.

I would like this feature to delete images larger than X MB which are not viewed for more than N days. Also instead of Auto delete this should be added as a maintenance tool which can by run by admin. Currently my sites has 390GB 0f images and most it are gifs which takes around 50MB-100MB.

Yes I agree with you totally.

+1 for deleting unused images.

I would like this feature to delete images larger than X MB which are not viewed for more than N days. Also instead of Auto delete this should be added as a maintenance tool which can by run by admin. Currently my sites has 390GB 0f images and most it are gifs which takes around 50MB-100MB.

Adding to this request, it would be great if the it can be configured for only guests or all users - this way we can clean up guest uploads but leave registered uses uploads untouched.

Back