• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Array ( [0] => write ) G\: Sessions are not working on this server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamedov

Chevereto Member
Website URL
<private>

Chevereto version

Description of the issue
After update to new version 3.10.2 I have an issue with this public message:

Array ( [0] => write ) G\: Sessions are not working on this server due to missing write permission on session save path (php.ini session.save_path).

The web server is nginx reverse proxy to apache backend. Each web-site(system user) is own of the web directory and proccess runs under user owner (Apache ITK model). It means that folder permission 755 and files permission 644 is enought and it works good till now. How to fix this? Thanks.

Looks like Chevereto trying to write temporary files to the /tmp directory when update the files.
Fixed, After adding: php_value session.save_path "/var/lib/php/session" string to the php.conf

Got the same error,

Array ( [0] => write ) G\: Sessions are not working on this server due to missing write permission on session save path (php.ini session.save_path).

Looks like Chevereto trying to write temporary files to the /tmp directory when update the files.
Fixed, After adding: php_value session.save_path "/var/lib/php/session" string to the php.conf

You referring to php.ini or php.conf? I can't find a php.conf file on my server

I'm using nginx and php-fpm and this solution fixed my problem
Edit /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf
Add
Code:
php_value[session.save_path] = /tmp
at end of file and make sure /tmp is writable
After that, try restart php-fpm service

Working. Modified php.ini per post number 2, instead of php.conf. Created session directory and added write permission.

If the system says "fix your perms" then do that. System now includes a session check to avoid bad session setup.

In badly configured servers, you never can tell that sessions are working properly so I've to add a session check. If that thing fails to check then permissions are messed up or are implemented in a non-conventional way.

If before this update session stuff worked then there's no permission issue, the system is returning a false positive (php) or maybe is not resolving the actual path. Hard to tell because you didn't gave me the possibility to debug it.

If someone else gets this issue, open a ticket and wait for me to review the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back