• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• šŸ˜Œ This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • šŸ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • šŸ’ø Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Are multidomains are planned for v4 so users can choose a link with the specific domain?

Funkel

Chevereto Noob
Are multidomains are planned for v4 so users can choose a link with the specific domain?Are multidomains are planned for v4 so users can choose a link with the specific domain?

What exactly do you mean? V3 is sold in two license type, 1. single domain 2.Network license = Multiple domains.

But you must own domains you install the license on!

What exactly do you mean? V3 is sold in two license type, 1. single domain 2.Network license = Multiple domains.

But you must own domains you install the license on!
you donā€™t understand me :) i mean you run Chevereto under one Domain but can link other domains to this domain and users can pick then the specific domain for the embed links

you donā€™t understand me :) i mean you run Chevereto under one Domain but can link other domains to this domain and users can pick then the specific domain for the embed links
I don't have plans to add such feature but there are many ways in which you could achieve such thing.

Haha thatā€™s good but I am not that good in doing it myself
You should RFC, explain why you think that it will benefit the software, etc. Expose it to the community and based on that it could be added to the core, caught my attention, get delivered as a plugin, etc.

I think what he wants is already possible.
He's saying that his website is on domainA.com but he wants to serve images from domainB.com
Which is totally possible. Just have to configure local/external storage, and setup correct web server configuration to accept domainB.com and allow request to given path where image is stored.

Edit: I was wrong. I think he's asking for a feature where his users can add their own domain and serve their profile or images through that domain. Profile is experimental setting, already available. But, for other part, it is certainly out of scope, and not the best use case scenario for the whole community in general.

He is referring to the user pick a domain from the list of available ones like most other provider do.

If you go to URL shortener service, they will give you a list of available domains they have. And you can choose the one of your choices and shorten it.

It is also happening in few filehost.

Back