• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Anyone successfully modify Cheverato to accept MP4?

marcanthonyphoto

Chevereto Member
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in but I am desperately needing the ability to host MP4 video files as well as images and gifs. Has anyone here played around with this or had any success? I am not talking linking to vimeo or youtube. I mean actually hosting the MP4 files. I have an app that allows users to take photos and create animations as either GIFS and MP4 files. 87% of my users prefer MP4 since they result in smaller file sizes and are universally used in social sharing sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).

Yeah I'm collecting a large (1,500ish) pile of short .mp4's I'd love to be able to easily upload. I'd even consider converting them all to .gif, but I can't find a good free .mp4->.gif batch converter, and there is definitely a quality loss there.

Way to do this is by bypassing the upload functionality but it is a mess really, is not that easy to customize and then keep your website updated.

Back